Gas

You told Gojo that you had to wait until the next day to continue the mission, so he let you stay at Jujutsu Tech for the rest of the day. The next day was just you, Yachi and Urosaki walking around the city trying to finish the mission. When a week passed, you had to call Gojo and plead with him to cancel the mission, since after a week you were getting nowhere.

Right after you got back, Ijichi was the first person you saw before he said you've been assigned another mission tomorrow.

"AGH! IT'S MISSION BACK-TO-BACK! WHY CAN'T I GET A BREAK ALREADY?!" You yelled out as you plopped down on your bed. Maki heard you next door before getting out to knock on your door.

"Y/n? You ok?"

"You don't have to knock, you can come in. I know it's you." You called out, knowing she's the only one who has the audacity to walk in unannounced.

"What happened?" She asked after turning the knob and walked in. You sighed before looking at her, "I've just been assigned another mission tomorrow. I literally just got back!" You exclaimed, sinking further into your mattress. Maki huffed before shuffling over and crawling into bed next to you.

"And don't bring in the fact that I'm a special grade. I hate it when people do that." You grumbled. Maki just continued staring at you.

"...That's rotten." She commented. You turned to her with a lifted brow. "What is?"

"The fact that higher ups keep assigning you mission after mission. Yes, it's part of being a Jujutsu sorcerer, but you just got back from your recent one, and the first thing you hear is 'you've got a mission tomorrow.' What the hell?" She questioned roughly with a frown. She was slightly pissed at the fact higher ups are denying her the chance to see you more often.

You chuckled softly. Even when you were stressed to no end, like right now, she always found a way to make you laugh at the little things that aren't funny.

"I agree. But, Ijichi-san mentioned that it was with Nanami, so it should be over quickly." You said in relief. Nanami's a hard worker, but the one setback is that he doesn't work overtime. So once 6 o'clock hits, he's off.

Maki huffed. "Anyway, how's your week been going?" You asked. She let out a lengthy sigh, "Well, it's been fine. With the exchange event coming up, we need to train with Toge's cursed speech to keep it from affecting us by accident."

"Just don't be around him when he's using his cursed speech."

Maki rolled her eyes. "It's not that simple, Y/n, good God." She grumbled. You chuckled. "There's nothing any of you can do, anyways. Everybody else has cursed energy and you don't, so if everybody did start training with Toge, it'd be a nuisance for you." You replied, and she nodded her head.

"What happened on that last mission?" She asked. You sat still for a minute, remembering the events you witnessed. Your eyes went hooded a moment later.

"Y/n?" She questioned. She lightly tapped your cheek a few times, but got no response. "Y/n, what the hell happened?" She questioned more starkly.

"I really don't wanna talk about it." You finally said. She backed off in an instant. She of all people knows better than to cross boundaries, especially when it's someone she loves.

"Alright. Do you need anything?" She asked, and all you did was wrap your arms around her torso, hiding your face in her neck.

The two of you spent the rest of the day like that (with the excuse of either one of you getting up for the bathroom and for when dinner came around.) until you had to leave for the mission the next day. You'd fallen asleep faster than you expected, cuz you swore that 5 seconds after, Maki was shaking you by your shoulder to wake you up.

𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘; 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐳𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara