Mastermind

"...What?"

All the memories of you and your dad came rushing back into your head as you stood there with wide eyes.

Is he really dead?

Why did it have to be him?

Why couldn't a curse pick someone else?

"He was a good man..he didn't deserve that." Your body began to shake, and Yachi sped around the corner to pull you closer to him, crying into his shirt.

The officer explained to you that he's a window for the Jujutsu world, and requested that they send someone from Jujutsu Tech to check it out, but he didn't mean for them to send you in specific.

"Have there been any other deaths recorded like this recently?" You asked out of the blue, still staring at the ground. The window, officer Urosaki, scratched his head and thought for a minute.

"Uh..I think-"

"Show me the records and the pictures taken." You cut him off. The window nodded before walking over to the commissioner and telling him he'd have to take you and Yachi back to the station.

When you got there, Urosaki immediately went to his office and brought you and Yachi with him to look at the recent reported deaths.

"Alright, here they are. Have a look all you want." He said while getting out of his chair. You immediately got in and clicked on one of the cases that happened two weeks ago. It was reported in Sendai the day before you and Megumi went looking for Sukuna's finger, proving your conclusion that someone was messing with it prior to Yuji picking it up.

When you clicked on the photo link, the photo was a deformed body, similar to your father's, with a mark on what looked like the arm. You frowned before zooming in on it, it looked like it was gripped really harshly.

"What was my father's time of death?" You asked, and Urosaki looked at you. "Forensics estimated around 4 o'clock this morning." He answered before you nodded, "Do you have pictures of the body?"

"Yes, do you want me to go retrieve them?" He asked. You nodded again and kept looking through different reports.

After Urosaki left, you looked up from the screen and at Yachi. "Every one of these victims all have one thing in common." You commented. He looked at you with a lifted brow, "What's that?"

"They all have marks on various places on their body. I'm assuming that's what happened with dad, leading to the idea that it must've been the same curse. But then there's the question of how this curse is getting around in Japan?" You trailed off. Yachi huffed for a second before a lightbulb went off over his head.

"It could be cunning, it could have help, or both." He answered. You nodded before remembering something from last year.

Think of it this way, like Star Wars. There's the force, it has all sorts of sides! The light side, and the dark side. It's the same exact way with Jujutsu sorcerers, though most are listed as curse users.

Are you seriously using pop-culture references to picture the Jujutsu society?

Yes! Because it's true! Where there's a good side, there will always be a bad side!

Something clicked in your brain.

"It could've been a curse user." You stated before Urosaki came back with photos in his hand. He handed them to you before you took them and examined the photos, and found dark marks around the back of his neck.

"So the curse user must have some physical contact with the victim before deforming them." You concluded, both Yachi and Urosaki looked at you.

"Have you found any patterns about the victims?" Yachi asked before walking over to look at the screen. You pulled up all the photos you recently examined and he scanned through each of them.