Chapter 1

Third Person P.O.V

"Loma-san! We have another orphan!" the orphanage sister called.

Footsteps were heard as Mother Loma, owner of the Magnolia Orphanage came down the stairs.

"Where is she?" Mother Loma asked as she walked down the last flight of stairs, waiting to greet the new child.

"Where's papa?" a voice called a out from behind the orphan sister's legs.

Mother Loma saw the a girl, around the age of six, looking around in confusion.

"Papa will come pick you up again soon sweetheart, don't worry." Mother Loma said with a smile.

The Magnolia Orphanage was said to be the kindest, most well treating orphanage in all of Fiore. The owner, Mother Loma, a orphan herself, knew the pain and grief of loosing her own parents and treated the orphans like her children. She was also a mage and used her magic for the good, to make sure that her orphans grew up to be happy and not mourn over the loss of family.

She walked over to the child and pick her up. She put a sleeping spell on the her, causing her to fall asleep in her arms.

"I'll bring her up stairs. Sister, please get her some food for when she wakes." Mother Loma said to the orphan sister as she carried the sleeping child to a room for the orphan to sleep in.

"I can feel a very strong magical power source from you young one." She muttered to the child as she placed her into a small bed.

~~~

*The child wakes

A cry was heard from the room that the child was placed in.

Mother Loma came rushing in.

"What is it young one?" she asked as she picked her up in her arms and gently pat on her back.

"Where's papa?" she asked again, this time her big green eyes filled with tears.

"Papa will come back." Mother Loma repeated gently.

Mother Loma looked down at the crying child.

"Cana! Come here!" she asked, loud enough so Cana, another girl from the orphanage, could hear her from the other room.

A small girl with plum colored eyes and brown bouncy curls entered the room.

"Yes Mother Loma?" she asked quietly. A hint of annoyance was very clear in her voice.

"Cana, Acalia," she said pointing to the new orphan."is a new orphan and needs a friend." Mother Loma said softly.

Cana turned her head and looked at the green eyed, burgundy haired girl.

Then she did something she hasn't done since she came to the orphanage.

She smiled.

"Yes Mother Loma." Cana said as she took Acalia's hand and pulled her out of the room.

Mother Loma smiled. She was happy to see that her orphans were happy. But she didn't choose Cana for no reason to be Acalia's friend. The incredible magical source she felt from Acalia, she felt from Cana as well.

Out of all the orphans here in the Magnolia Orphanage, Cana knew that she was the odd one out.

There was something different about her and she knew Mother Loma knew as well.

She tried to make friends, but she couldn't. Always getting teased and called names like "Why are you so weird?", "Can't you just be a bit normal?".