Chapter 8

Acalia's P.O.V
I wander off into the forest after my conversation with Gray. I sit in the heart of the forest, listening to the chirping of the birds and the rustling of the leaves. 

I feel calm. Put together. I can feel magic around me. 

In the midst of the peacefulness of the forest, I hear loud footsteps from the distance.
The ground trembling more and more as the footsteps run closer towards me.
It's one person. A girl. I close my eyes and focus on the earths tremble.
It come even closer, running in a bee line towards the heart of the forest. I quickly and quietly climb up a tall tree sitting on a branch, looking down on the ground, my bronze daggers drawn. I throw my hood over my head, concealing my identity. 
A girl approaches into the clearing.
Her dark curls bounce wildly around her face. She wears a orange coat over a bikini top and brown cargo pants. She carries a furry blue bag slung across her chest. 

 I spot a black Fairy Tail emblem on her hip, slightly covered by her jacket. I sheath my daggers, knowing the punishment for hurting someone in your own guild.

She looks around the clearing, her plum coloured eyes searching for something.

"Acalia?" She calls into the dark forest. A strong stench reaches to my nose. Alcohol?

Her voice sounds familiar, from a far away memory. 

"Cana." I remember, muttering her name from the tree. Memories from the orphanage flash in my mind.

Her eyes dart to where I sit, perched on the tree. 

Her eyes widen and she reaches into her bag, pulling out a magical deck of cards. 

 "Who are you?" She yells. 

I jump down from the tree landing right in front of her. She hold her cards closer, defending herself, but I can see a fear in her eyes. 

"Who are you!" She yells again, her voice trembling as she takes a step back. 

 I lift my hood over my head. 

Her eyes widen and a tear escapes from her eye. Her cards slowly fall to the ground, scattered like leaves in the autumn. 

"Acalia?" she whispers, more tears falling running down her face. 

I stand there, confused. I look to the ground, feeling uncomfortable. 

I feel arms embrace me and a mass of brown curls. 

I pull back from the hug. A hurt look on Cana's face. 

"I though-we though. They told us-" She stutters, crying into her hands. 

"What did they tell you?" I whisper to Cana.

She looks into my eyes. 

"They told us you were dead."