Chapter 4

10 Year ago.

(10 years before chapter 3)

After Acalia and Cana left the orphanage, Cana went straight to find her father at Fairy Tail.

Acalia, who though many times to go with her friend, instead traveled across the city to find her parents.

The orphanage told her, her parents were gone. She knew that. Gone. Not Dead.

Her magical abilities have proved more than a normal mage. She was a dragon slayer.
A water dragon slayer.

Dragon slayers can't be made without a dragon as a parent or the child has a dragon slayer lacrima embedded into them or both. She knew she didn't have a lacrima embedded into her.

After she left the orphanage and traveled farther out into the country, pictures and memories came back to her. She saw a face. Not a human face. A face with blue scales, circling around it's sea green eyes. It looked down warmly at her.

She knew that was her parent. Her father. She remembers a deep watery voice flowing through her ears.

She's stayed in a library for the first two years out of the orphanage, reading and researching about dragon slayers and their abilities.

She practices everywhere. Anywhere with a water source. Her abilities quickly improve and improve more the more she reads about them.

She does her work independently. Once earning her reward, she never returns. Getting the work done without communication. Thus earning a mysterious profile.

But one winter, she met somebody she could not forget.

~~~

Acalia jumped from tree to tree, branch by branch, training her abilities to long jump and balance.

As she was training, she heard noises farther down in the woods.

She jumped faster, toward the voice.

She perched herself on a branch looking down.

There, beside a wide flowing river was boy. Half naked might I add.

He put his hands together and says phrases of magic. His face is full of concentration but in his eyes, Acalia sees frustration.

His black hair covering his eyes as he says the spell.

Blocks of ice shoot out of his hands.

Pretty impressive Acalia think to herself. She continues to watch the black haired, half naked boy perform his ice magic.

She suddenly gets an idea, looking at the river.

At her will she summons small blobs of water.

Water droplets as big as her hands raise from the river.

The boy still hasn't noticed.

She merges them together and lifts it above the boys head, letting one droplet of water fall on his head.

He looks up to see an orb of water floating above his head. Acalia lets go of the water and it falls onto his head.

She silently laughs from her tree branch, while the boy looks all around his for the attacker.

"Natsu if that as you, I'm gonna kill you!" he yells, cursing after that.

Suddenly Acalia hears footsteps, very loud footsteps nearing the opening where the boy and she was.

Then, four men step out into the opening.

"You! Little Boy!" Says one of them, a skull emblem marked on his armor. A dark Guild.

The black hair boy turns, fear replacing the frustration that was once in his eyes.

Two more armed men step into the opening.

"Bullet Storm!" one of them yells aiming his gun towards the boy.

The bullets hit him as he screams in pain. All three of the men laugh as his limp body falls onto the floor.

"Photon Slicer!" Another one yells as he brings out his sword and slashes it in the direction of the limp boy.

Before the magic could attack the boy, Acalia jumps out of the tree, and hit back with a tidal wave of water.

All three men stand aghast as they see a small teen girl.

"We've got another one don't we boys!" Says the one with the sword.

"Homing shot!" The gunned one yells but Acalia deflects it with a shield of water.

She flicks her wrist and a moving tsunami hits to men, knocking them unconscious. The one with the sword remains. She had practiced using magical spells without saying anything as long as they're said strong in her head.

"Sonic Claw!" He shouts, slashing the sword again but the magic sin't visible.

Acalia can hear the blade moving through the air. She deflects one with a ball of water but as soon as she turns, one hits her directly across the eye.

An excruciating pain comes over her as she clutches her blind eye, dripping with blood. She jumps into the river with her remaining energy, knowing the water could defend her.

After a few moments, she hears the thud of the body fall and the clanging of the iron sword falling onto the armor.

She weakly crawls out of the river towards the boy.

He's breathing and moves slightly hen she touches his arm.

She used her magic and poured water over his body, water having healing properties. Not as good as air dragon slaying healing properties, but enough to heal a few bruises.

The boy slowly regains consciousness and opens his eyes.

Before him, is a girl with curly burgundy hair, and one green eye. She clutches her other eye in her hand.

"Are you okay? I tried my best to heal you." She said.

Heal me? You eye is damaged and practically out of your eye socket, he wanted to say. But he couldn't.

"We need to fix your eye." He says.

She shakes her head.

"It can't be fixed. If magic hits it, the damage has been done." She says in a quiet voice, so quiet he could barely hear her.

The boy sits up and focuses on her undamaged eye. Sea green with flecks of blue, like the ocean, he thinks to himself.

He puts his hands together and imagines the eye in his hands. He hears a gasp and looks down to his hands.

In the palm of his hand, is an eyeball. Exactly the same as hers. It is colorless. You can't see the beautiful sea green or the ocean blue.

Never the less, the girl takes it and brings it to the river. She covers it in water, closing her eye.

Color of the seas and oceans start flooding into the artificial eye and she puts it into her eye socket.

"Thank you." She says quietly. But more audible, like she meant it.

"Thank you, for healing me." The boy says.

And with that, like a flash of light, the Acalia disappears into thin air. Like evaporated water.

The boy sits there, looking top the sky, wondering if he'll ever meet the Sea Green eyed girl again.