Chapter 18

Gray's P.O.V

The dishes soak in hot water the sink as we make our way to Fairy Tail. 

"Thanks for the breakfast Lia." We walk down the street, my arm over her shoulders. 

She playfully shoves me, a red twinge leaking into her cheeks. I laugh softly at her cute embarrassment. 

Both of her bronze daggers are on the inside of her vest, making her look like a innocent normal pedestrian. Except she's not.

I always found it a bit... Weird. How Natsu has pink hair as a fire dragon slayer, Wendy has blue hair as the air dragon slayer, Gajeel had black hair as the iron dragon slayer. Their hair color represents their form of magic. But, Acalia has burgundy hair as the water dragon slayer. Da fuck?

The wind carries the familiar smell of sea breeze towards me, Acalia's head leaning on my chest.  

"About time, lovebirds!" Natsu's annoying voice hits us as we step foot into the guild. 

I roll my eyes and I can imagine Acalia doing the same. We sit in the same table we've been sitting for a while now. Natsu glares at Acalia as she sits down. She pulls out her knives and starts twirling them- her usual habit. Natsu's eye widen and he looks down, a slight fear in his eyes. I smirk. 

"So, Acalia, where are you staying? I don't see you around Fairy Hills...?" Erza asks, her eyes darting between us. 

Shit. 

If Erza finds out about Acalia staying with me, she's gonna think we're doing the nasty nasty.

I gulp. 

Acalia's P.O.V

"Well, I'm staying-"

"MAGES OF FAIRY TAIL!" A booming voice echos through the main hall of Fairy Tail.

All head turn in the direction of the disembodied voice. A silhouette of a small man stands on stage. 

"This year, marks the 100th year of Fairy Tail!" Master Makarov shouts, a roar coming from the Fairy Tail mages. 

I glance to Gray, turning to see that he had already been staring. He blushes, turning away. 

What a cute dork.

"WE ARE GOING TO CELEBRATE AT RYUZETSU LAND!!" 

The whole guild erupts into hollers and shouts.

"BRING THE BEER OUT!" The master yells.

Pints of beer are being passes around, everyone laughing and celebrating their home of 100 years.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn. 

Behind me stands Laxus, a guilty look on his face. My hand reaches automatically to my knives, slipping my fingers into the inside of my vest. 

He motions me to follow him. For a moment, I stand there, letting the shouts and chattering happen around me. But before long, his figure disappears into the crowd. I reluctantly follow. 

He leads me to a room behind the stage, the riotous celebrating echoing around the small room. My fingers grip around the leather hilt, the dagger hidden behind my back.

Laxus leans against the wall, groaning when his back contacts the cold bricks. 

That might be from when I knocked him over. Oops. 

Sorry not sorry. 

"What do you want?" I demand, standing in front of the door. If he tries to escape, he'll have to get through me first.

"I'm sorry about, you know... the fight and uh... all." His hand moves to the back of his neck, his eyes not meeting mine.

He's actually sorry.

From what I heard about Laxus, he's a stubborn, arrogant, ignorant, stupid, thick headed, buff guy. I don't really see a big guy like Laxus apologizing.

"Um... The um, actual reason I uh, fought you, was because um... I-I uh... was thinking that um... You could-you would uh... Be um, a good mage for uh, um, team..."He trails off.

I stand there for a minute completely confused.

"Sorry, I didn't catch that."

"He's trying to say you'd be a good member for our team." 
I hear the door creak open and a slim young man steps in.

His long green hair reaches below his hip, his side bangs covering one of his almond shaped blue eyes. He wears a long red trench coat, the middle held with a thick black leather belt and a gold buckle, a sword slug to the side.

"Freed Justine." He says, shaking my hand. His grip is firm but his long slender fingers are delicate.

Freed's P.O.V.

As we shake hands, I let the transcript flow from my hand to hers. A magic blocker, just in case she doesn't agree and attempts to use magic on us, she won't be able to. I've also set up runes outside the door so no one can intrude our conversation.

"We want you to join our team, Thunder God Tribe." Laxus says, his composure coming back. 

As they talk, I regard Acalia. She clearly is a beauty, as so many of the guild members have been saying. Maybe even more beautiful than Mirajane and Jenny. Max, Elfman, Bixlow, even Jet and Droy who have been all over Levy have been talking about her none stop. But as I made my way to the guild this morning, I saw Gray and Acalia, his arm slung over her shoulder, laughing along as they walked down the street as a couple.

My eyes make my way up to her eyes. Her right eye is milky and glassy, with a hue of green. A long scar runs through it. Been in a few battles... Experience. That's what we need. After Ever started going for Elfman, she's been... Distracted.

"Thank you for your kind offer, but I've already found a place for me in this guild." She says, the conversation ending. Her eyes glance between Laxus and I. Her eyes dart around the small room. A look of panic and fear flicker in her eyes.

"I see. You've chosen Team Natsu." Laxus guessed, crossing his arms across his chest in annoyance. 

Her glaze hardens into a cold glare. 

"I don't like to rely on people, if that's what you mean." She snapped, her fist clenching. But in her eyes, the panic grows as she looks around the room. 

My hand goes to my sword. Someone is trying to get in from the outside. Acalia notices, her eyes darting to my hand on my sword.

I smirk. Too bad you can't you can't use magic-

She hits me square in the chest, my back hitting the wall behind me. 

I groan as I feel the rune spells weaken, then vanish.

The door slams open, and Gray runs in, his hands blocking his chest. 

"Acalia! Are you hurt?" His voice is filled with worry and concern. 

"Gray, I'm fine, I can take care of myself. It's just this tiny room." She says her voice laced with annoyance, either to Gray or Laxus and I. I'm guessing it's not gray. 

A cool air brushes through my body and my body freezes in it's position. I look over to Laxus, his body frozen as well. She walks over to me, pinning my arms up on the wall.

"You should work on your rune magic Freed Justine." She says, her face only inches away from mine. Her breath smells like a fresh breath of clean air. Her cherry lips are full, a smirk sitting upon them. She raises her eyebrows, releasing my arms, blood rushing back to them. My body unfreezes and she walks out of the room. 

"Freed, you're pathetic." Laxus says rolling his eyes. 

I think I'm in love.