Chapter 10

Natsu's P.O.V

"Where have you been, you frozen bastard?" I yell at Gray as he walks into the guild with that chick again. Acalia.

We all usually come into the guild around the same time, 9:00. But today, that little shit decides to come in late at 10:00 with the "dragon slayer". 

I'm not saying I've never been late before, but when I'm late, I actually have a good reason. 

Flirting with a new guild member is not a good reason. Actually never mind. I'm a fucking hypocrite. 

"Hey." Grays signals us as he sits don on the bench, leaving a space beside him for Acalia. 

She sits beside him hesitantly and leaves a visible open gap between them. 

"So... Acalia, you're a dragon slayer..." I say to start the conversation. 

"We already discussed this yesterday, Natsu." Erza said. 

I curse as I feel Gray's foot collide with my shin. Gray glares at me and shakes his head. 

What the fuck bro? I don't have a effing clue to what you're trying to say. 

"Anyways.. What kind of job do you guys what to do today?" Lucy continues, looking around confused. 

"Um... I found this job offer and it's pretty good. It can pay for Lucy's rent and leave a little for the rest of us." Wendy says quietly showing us a job flyer. 

400,000 jewel. 

"Yes! I can pay for my rent and I have a little left over to buy myself a present maybe..." Lucy says happily hugging Wendy. 

"Hey... Guys, if Acalia is going to come with us, we'll have to split it between six people." Gray says to everyone although it seems like it's more pointed towards Lucy.

Lucy's smile falls and looks over at Acalia. 

"Gray, I'm not working with you guys." She whispers though I can hear it. 

"What?" Gray demands. 

"I don't work in groups, I work alone." She says quietly putting her hood up and walking towards the job request board. 

Gray's face looks crestfallen. 

"I though she might have wanted to, you know, join our team and work with us." He says looking towards her. 

Erza sighs. 

"What?" Gray turns to Erza angrily.

"Acalia Lyall. She's the Sea Green Ranger." 

"What?" I ask, confused as fuck. 

Sea Green Ranger what kind of name is that for a depressed looking, but attractive girl?

"I've heard about her when I was on my last job. She'll work alone, an independent mage. She'll get the job finished, receive the award, then leave, never returning to the same place twice." Erza says glancing over her shoulder at Acalia as she explains.

"How is she the Sea Green Ranger?" I ask, dumbfound.

Gray sighs and shakes his head. 

"Her eyes, you dumb shit." He says obviously. 

Well sorry I don't stare into her eyes all day! She barely looks me in the eye, why should I look her in the eye?

"Well, that kinda explains the weird vibe coming off her." I mumble, getting Erza's attention.

"What vibe?" She asks suspiciously. 

"Well, she kinda smells watery, you know? Like the sea. Salty." I mutter.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but, I'm going to get going on this job to get this money!" Lucy's says standing up and walking towards the guild doors.

~~~

We come back from the job three hours later. 

We had to pick some rare flower from the top of the mountain and bring it back to the bottom in perfect condition. 

BUT, like always, something went wrong. 

More like Gray went wrong, when he said the flower was dying he used is ice magic to heal  it, but of course didn't work so I burn it off and then the flower actually died.

So we can back to the guild empty handed. 

My life sucks. I don't have the money to eat or live or anything. 

All because of GRAY. 

Anyways, when we came back into the guild we saw Acalia sitting at a table, her back turned toward us.

"Yo, Gray." I say pointing to Acalia. 

We walk over to Acalia.

My mouth fucking drops. 

In front of her are stacks of cold hard cash. 
"What job did you go on?" Gray asks, this eyes on the jewels. 

"S Class." She mumbles, putting the stacks into a small box, clasping the buckle.

I look over at Gray, raising my eyebrows. His eye's are wide open looking at Acalia. 

"Dude, she's S Class! She could be stronger than Erza or Mira... Or even Gildarts." I say to him, a fire burning in my stomach.

I have to fight her. If I beat her, I can be a S Class wizard! She can't be that strong.

I run to catch up with her. 

"Hey!" I call out. She completely ignores me and continues walking out of the guild. 

Bitch. 

"Acalia!" I yell. 

She slowly turns around, facing me. 

"What do you want." She says her hands moving towards the side of her belt. I tilt my head and see that her hand is on two sharp bronze daggers. 

I take a step back, giving her some space. Her body relaxes, her position still guarded and her face showing no emotion.

"I-I want to fight you." I stutter, looking straight into her eyes. 

Her expression turns from no emotion to shock. A smirk sits on her face. 

"Sure. Backyard of the guild at dawn." She says, spinning her daggers in the palm of her hand.