Chapter 24

Gray's P.O.V.

Black or navy?

Navy or black?

I hold two swim trunks in either arm, choosing between them. 

Why am I even doing this? I know that I look good in either one, but what would Acalia like?

Ugh. I've never been this in love... no. I'm not in love. I just like her. Sorta. A lot. 

I've tried so hard to keep my stripping to a minimum so she doesn't think that I'm some perverted ice mage. Which I am... 

I am getting nowhere.

"Gray? Could I come in?" Acalia calls from the other side of the door.

I freeze. I'm butt naked in a room, holding my swim trunks in either arm. 

"Gray?" She asks again, a trace of worry lining her voice. 

"Uhhh.... Yeah. Come in." I squeak, throwing on the navy swim trunks. 

Holy mother of lords. 

She walks into the room with her bathing suit, revealing her curves and and wide hips. She conceals her beautiful body underneath her clothes. 

My eyes trail from her face to her neck to see her scar. It runs through her collar bone, connecting with more scars on her stomach. 

"Sorry, I just came in here to get this." Acalia says, grabbing her shawl from her bag. 

My heart sinks. It hurts to see her uncomfortable with her own body that she has to cover it up. Scars are what make you human, whether they are visible or not. 

She walks out of the room, the thin fabric draped over her shoulders. 

Sighing, I look into the mirror at my own body. 

A cross shaped scar sits on my lower abdomen, from Galuna Island. At first I thought of covering it up, but scars represent what you've been through and the strength of a persons ability to move on. 

I lightly chuckle at how stupidly I got this scar and much stronger I am today. But that chuckle falls when I look to my pants. 

Shit.

I thought something was wrong because these trunks felt so uncomfortable. The tag shows from my crotch and the zipper is at my butt. 

Great. I wore them inside out and backwards. Good job Gray. 

I quickly change, putting my trunks on the proper way and walk out the bedroom. 

Natsu sits lazily on the couch with his scarf wrapped around his head. 

"Gray, it seems like you haven't even changed." Natsu says as I sit beside him. 

I flip him off heading to the bathroom where I left my necklace. 

I knock on the door twice and I twist the doorknob. It's locked. 

"Acalia's in there!" Natsu calls from the living space. 

I don't hear anything from the inside. Worry fills me as I knock on the door again. 

"Acalia. Are you okay?" I ask, praying that shes fine. 

I hear a click and I push the door open. Acalia sits on the edge of the sink with glowing water traveling up her arms and legs. 

"What are you doing?" I ask her stepping closer. 

"Some healing." She says clenching her jaw in slight pain. 

She moves her hard up and down her arm, controlling the water as she does so. It shines green where her scars are and they slowly fade, leaving a white thin line behind on her skin. 

I stare transfixed as the water glows green in different areas, healing her skin.

"Why can't you heal the ones on your stomach and neck?" I ask nervously, realizing that these scars are still red. 

"They're too deep. My water can't heal them." She replies through clenched teeth. 

I stare at her as she heals her scars. Her doe shaped eyes, they shine so brightly. Her full, blood red lips, so soft. Her burgundy curls are tame and shape her heart shaped face.

She looks into my eyes, staring back. 

"Hey guys, Erza just knocked on our door and we need to leave- oh." Natsu barges into the bathroom. He freezes when he sees our position and a smirk lies on his face. 

"Sorry for interrupting... I'll come back later." He says with a bow. He catches my eye and winks before he shuts the door and leaves. 

I hate him. 

I really do.

"Come on, let's go." I take Acalia's hand in mine, grabbing my necklace and we walk out of the room into the hallway. 

I could hear Natsu voice as we entered the hall. 

"And they were totally making out-" Natsu says over exaggerating, and shutting up when he sees us. 

I send him a glare, before Erza starts talking. 

"Okay, good we're all here. Now, we're going to go into the resort. Master has informed me that mages from other guilds will be here, so be on your best behavior." She says sending Natsu and I a glare. 

With an 'aye sir' and a few 'yes ma'am's we are off to the resort.