Chapter 26

Acalia's P.O.V.

"Please!" Happy whines, tugging the bottom rim of my shawl. 

"Happy, I can't." I whisper, bending down to the height of the blue exceed. Carla and Panther Lily stand behind him waiting impatiently. 

"But, you're a water dragon slayer, shouldn't you like fish?" He questions, pleading with big eyes. 

Happy had been begging me to take him to the aquarium for the longest time, especially because I'm a water dragon slayer and I have a special connection with fish. 

"Happy, she said she can't. Why don't you take Juvia instead? She's a water mage." Gray says sitting down beside me. 

Happy looks down with sad eyes, his pointy blue ears flopping down to his head. 

"Let's go find Juvia." He says in a saddened voice, towards his two other exceed friends.

Gray hands me a cup full of yellow liquid, sipping from his. I put my nose to it, sniffing it. The foul scent reaches my nose and causes me to gag. 

"What it is? It reeks of alcohol." I say in disgust placing the cup down.

I hear Gray chuckle beside me. 

"That's because it is."

"Sorry, I don't drink." I say, turning towards him. 

The ice mage drains the cup, placing it down beside him, just like I did with mine, except his is empty. An awkward silence follows as he glances worriedly in my direction a couple of times, eyeing my full cup of alcohol.  

"Looks like your getting to know the team." Gray commented, breaking the awkward silence. 

I nod my head, looking around us. Fairy Tail wizards are enjoying themselves in the pool and by the poolside, laughing and chatting along with their friends. The air is filled with the smell of the ocean and water ripples at my feet. The sun sets in the distance, illuminating the colours of flame on the tall glass windows. 

I feel safe. At peace. 

The happiest I've been in a while. 

"Acalia, look, I'm sorry about my sudden outburst earlier. It's just Natsu said something... And you just walked in at the wrong moment."

 Gray, always ruining my peace. My mind recalls the memory of earlier today. Gray blocking Natsu's mouth just as he was about to say something important? I barely remembered that before Gray mentioned it and now my curiosity won't let it out of my head. 

"It's fine. But what was Natsu talking about?" I ask, my curiosity getting the best of me. 

Gray's face heats up in a matter of seconds. Muttering "nothing", he turns his back towards me. 

I smile, realizing I hit a touchy subject. An embarrassing topic for baby Gray here. 

"Com'on Gray. Tell me. I won't tell anyone, I promise." I tease, laughing as I see Gray's face heat up even more; if that's possible. 

"Plus, I always keep a secret." I add, nudging him with my shoulder. 

 "It was nothing!"

"Well it certainly wasn't if you're making a big deal out of it!"

"It-I was just-We discussed stuff and he said stuff and I said stuff back and you walked in and... yeah." He stuttered, avoiding eye contact, his blush spreading to his chest. 

"Someone sounds more than a little nervous." said a loud voice from behind us. 

We both turn to see the pink haired dragon slayer with a blushing Lucy at his side. I feel Gray stiffen beside me with nervousness but he quickly covers it with a forced laugh. 

"Nervous about what? Your non-existent powers don't frighten me, pink haired bastard." He mocks with a fake smile placed on his lips. 

He's definitely hiding something. Gray wouldn't get so worked up over nothing. Or maybe I just haven't known him long enough. 

Suddenly, I feel a pair of eyes land on me as I look around the pool area. I scan the resort and find my eyes drawn to a man in the corner, half his body covered by shadows. A familiar vibe comes off him and I slowly recognize his magic. 

I should run towards him and jump into his arms, thanking him. I shouldn't of left him. I need to thank him.

His magic pulls me toward him, reminding me of my painful past. He was the cure to the poison. The antidote to the disease. My body betrays me and moves towards him.

Gray's P.O.V.

Acalia stands up beside me, her soft shawl running smoothly against my arm as she rises. 

"Where, are you going?" I ask, startled to her sudden leave. 

"Just... Meeting someone." She whispers quickly, avoiding any eye contact. I keep my gaze upon her as she moves swiftly through the crowds, a needle through thread. 

But before I know it, she's gone.