Chapter 14

Acalia's P.O.V. 

I hear loud footstep quickly approaching the house. 

Putting my book 'History Book of Magic: Book 32' down, I unsheathe a dagger.

The wooden door slams open, shaking the whole house. 

"Acalia?" A raspy, voice echos through the halls and into the living room. 

The footsteps get louder as they get closer. I stand beside the doorway, behind the door, the bronze dagger bouncing the sunlight around the white room. 

As the figure approaches the living room, I jump in front of the doorway, my palm hitting the persons chest, sending them flying backwards. 

I hear a groan as the tall, lean body hits the wall and falls to the ground. 

I quietly step towards the man, holding my dagger in front of me. 

As I get closer the the features are clearer. The mess of inky black hair, the smell of winter pine, the muscular body. 

"Gray?" I whisper.

I hear another groan and a cough escape from his pale lips. 

I hurry over to him, assessing his body. 

Shit. 

He's injured. I fricken hurt the guy who's been kind enough to let me stay at his place. 

I lean over his body, my shaking hands hovering  over his chest. A blue light glows in his chest then dims. His body shudders and his eyes flutter open, revealing his obsidian orbs.

Gray's P.O.V

The ache in my chest disappears and is replaced with a soothing coldness. I open my eyes and see Acalia's sea green ones staring back at me. I try to get up but a searing pain flares in my back. 

Acalia pushes me back down on my back, her eyes filled with guilt. 

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you." she whispers, running her cold hands over my bare chest. 

I groan as I feel another wave of pain, but it is replaced with the soothing magic Acalia yields.

"I'm fine..." I groan, sitting up, the pain slowly fading

I grab her hands, suddenly realizing why I was here in the first place. Her eyes widen at my sudden movement. 

"What happened back in Master's office? Are you okay? Have you been kicked out of the guild?" I ramble hoping that she hadn't been kicked out. This girl saved my life. 

She laughs softly. 

"No, I haven't been kicked out or anything of that sort. And in Master's office.... We just talked." She say, avoiding eye contact. 

Do I look that stupid? 

But, a wave of relief washes over me, knowing that she's still in Fairy Tail. I move closer to her, embracing her into a hug. She freezes for a moment before melting into the hug. Her soft burgundy curls tickle my face, leaving the scent of the sea. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, pulling away from the hug. 

"Studying." She says walking into the living room, then coming back with a thick book in her hands. 

History Book of Magic: Book 32

"You read those books?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. 

A faint blush creeps up to Acalia's cheeks. 

"I improved my dragon slayer magic reading these books." 

"Wait, have you read all of them?" 

Acalia nods. 

"I'm a bit of a book worm." She says, her cheeks growing redder. 

I smile. She's cute. 

"YOU COULD HELP US!" I nearly yell, remembering. Today's just a really fucked up day. 

Acalia jumps back a bit, rubbing her sensitive ears.

"I found this job flyer that says you have to organize 'The History Books of Magic Series' and the 'Mages Books of Magic" in the right order. The reward is two million jewels. We could share the reward with everyone." I explain. My plan is fucking flawless. She directs us dumb shits to where the books go, we all get the reward and everyone goes home happy. 

I look at Acalia. She shuffles uncomfortably, her face turned away from mine. 

"Do you not want to do it? Because that's completely okay.. I kinda just said that without asking you and I don't even know if you know the order to the books for either of the series and you probably don't like me anymore..." I trailed off.

I hear muffled laughter and I turn towards Acalia. She covers her mouth with her cloak in laughter. I feel myself go red in the face. Shit. I just embarrassed myself in front of her. 

"It's fine Gray. I'll do it. I just never worked with someone on a job before..." She says quietly, the laughter now gone. 

I put my hand on her shoulder. 

"Don't worry about it. They're cool." 

She looks at me, doe eyed. Her curly locks shaping her heart shaped face. Shit. She's cute. 

"Don't tell them though. I don't need anyone's pity." She says. 

Cute and strong. 

~~~

Acalia, Erza, Natsu, Lucy, Wendy and I walk out of the library, smiles on our faces, carrying our rewards. 

"I can finally pay for my rent AND get something to eat!" Lucy exclaims, a huge smile on her face. 

I look to Acalia and raise my eyebrows. 

Look how happy everyone looks because of you.

A blush sits on her already rosy cheeks.

Shut up. 

We all walk back to the guild feeling exceptionally happy.

"Acalia!" I hear someone call, as we walk back into the guild.