Chapter 11

Acalia's P.O.V

"Acalia!" I hear my name and I turn around.

I see Gray running towards me, panic and a smile on his face.

"Hi." I say quietly looking up at him. His dark eyes are searching my face for something.

"You're-Nastu told me that you're dueling tonight?" He stutters out of breath.

I nod and smile.

Gray's smile is replaced with a worried frown.

"Be careful though. Natsu's really strong-"

"I'll be fine. I can manage myself." I interrupt.

Gray smiles.

"People are placing bets. I already placed my bet on you, so you better win." He says grinning.

"Don't worry. Hopefully you don't lose your money." I laugh.

I walk out of the guild in to the backyard. Fifty pairs of eyes land on me as they watch me walk out the guild. I put my hood up, uncomfortable with the attention.

I see Cana with three bottles by her feet, holding a sign.

Bets for Acalia here!

Only a few jewels lay in the box. Looks like the only person who bet that I was going to win was Gray.

I look over on the other side and see Lucy holding another sign.

Bets for Natsu here!

Stacks of jewels overfill the rim of the box.

I smile. Gray's gonna get some money.

"That's the new member..."

"She looks...."

"I think Natsu is going to win...."

I hear people whispering around me as I step into the clearing.

"Well, you're late." The pink haired boy says, his fists clenched.

"A wizard is never late." I say taking out my two bronze daggers.

The crowd mummers at the look of the weapon.

"LAST BETS ON NATSU!" I hear a deep voice say as he goes around the circle collecting jewels.

"Have you prepared yourself?" Natsu asked, glancing the blade of my dagger a few times.

I grip the leather hilt of the dagger.

"I don't need preparation for a small fight." I smirk, spinning the other in my hand.

I hear the gunshot and the fight has begun.

"ROAR OF THE FIRE DRAGON!" Natsu yells as a blast of fire shoots out of his mouth.

I smirk, staying in my spot, watching the fire get closer and closer.

I raise my dagger.

The fire instantly disappears.

Natsu stands shell shocked before he come back to his senses.

He puts his fists together.

"FIRE DRAGON'S IRON-"

Third Person P.O.V.

Before Natsu finishes the spell, Acalia lightly jumps and lands on Natsu, knocking him down, her dagger on his throat. Blink and you would miss it.

"Acalia wins!" Makarov says, shock evident in his voice.

Jaws drop on the floor.
Natsu lies on the ground unconscious, a little cut on his throat.

"Well that was fun." Acalia says, walking out of the ring.

~~~

Gray's P.O.V

She didn't even use any magic.

What the fuck.
How could someone be so strong?

Well anyways, who cares. I was right about two things. Natsu got his ass whipped and Acalia won.

"All cash to me! Bets, bets, bets!" I yell around the guild, holding an open bag.

People reluctantly drop their coins and jewels into the bag.

I see Erza, Lucy and Wendy sitting at a table near the stage.

"Sooo... Anything you guys owe me?" I ask shaking the bag of jewels and coins as I slide into the bench beside Erza.

"Oh, fuck off." Lucy says throwing a five jewel bill in.

"I still don't get it though." Lucy says, putting her elbows up on the table.
"How did she in without using any magic? Natsu is one of the strongest mage I know!"

I smirk.

"Well, that's the power of Acalia Lyall."

I feel strong hands grab my arms pinning them behind me, then pushing me onto the table. A familiar bronze dagger is being held at my throat.

Lucy and Wendy scream and Erza stands, drawing her sword.

"Gray Fullbuster." I hear Acalia say standing behind me, holding my arms behind my back.

Her grip strong as steel, but her voice is soft and soothing. A dangerous mix.

"I think you owe me a few words of gratitude." She says, the dagger colder on my skin.

"Th-thank you." I stutter.

I'm let go and the dagger is sheathed. I rub my throat, still feeling the cold metal on my skin.

Acalia stand before me, a smirk on her face.

Erza's sword disappears and she looks at Acalia in amusement and shock.

"Beating Natsu... I've I could have barely done it, but you did it in mere seconds." she says laughing, shaking her head.

Acalia smiles.

"Hey newbie." A deep husky voice says from behind her.

I step back a few feet, letting the man have his on personal space.

Acalia looks at me with big eyes.

She turns around to face a man.