Chapter 10

I arrived at home. I saw Mom and ate Beatriz in the kitchen. Always, lagi nalang ganyan ang nakikita kong senaryo sa bahay kapag pinakilala na ng lalaki ang babae sa magulang nila. They're doing either cooking or baking plus if they want outdoor activities, planting.

Tss.

I didn't come near to them to greet Mommy that I was home, they looked busy but Mommy is Mommy. She's treating the four of us a baby.

I just walking upstairs when Mom shout.

"Zaffireeeeeeee!" Aw. My ears!

I turned my gaze. Palapit na si Mommy. Pinihit ko ang aking mga paa pababa ulit.

"You're not going to treat me? How mean you are!"

"Ganyan talaga Mom kapag nagbibinata na." I was a little surprised by the sudden appearance of ate Zola. She kissed Mommy on the cheek but the look was on me. Her face was teasing me.

I kissed Mom in her left cheek. That's gross! I'd kiss the cheek that Ate has already kissed? No way!

"Bumaba ka kaagad pagkabihis mo ha. Tikman mo ang niluto namin."

I nod.

I changed my clothes and wear my pajamas and hoodie. I usually wear those kind of clothes. It's comfortable.

Gumagamit ako ng dalawang phone pag kinakausap ko si Mayscery. Ang isa ay para kay Zaffire at ang pangalawa naman ay kay Cavstr. I've checked my messages in Zaffire's if there's a message.

Yeah, there is.

My lips went into a wide smile when I read who was the person texted me.

[Hey, Zaffire! Thank you for the hug! Somehow I felt again the way I felt when I hugged my friend then.]

Ako ba ang tinutukoy mong friends na yon my Koala?

The heck?! Why am I forcing that Riusz on me?

Because you're Riusz!

Fvck it!

I combed and pulled my hair in frustration.

I lay in my bed and tightly closed my eyes.

And I didn't realize that I fell asleep and when I woke up it was already morning.

Due to drowsiness I reluctantly reached for my cellphone on my bed side table. I cursed when it's already seven thirty am. Our exams starts at eight o'five.

Biglang nabuhayan ang katawan ko at mabilis na pumasok sa banyo.

I put on my uniform and took my bag. I went down and ate fast. I haven't heard what Mommy said yet because I'm really in a hurry.

I'll just text her later.

I didn't let Manong Eje to drive me to campus. Mom warned us that be slowly when driving and don't think about being late. 'Safety first' she said. But because I don't want to be late for the exam, I didn't listen.

Wala pa akong lisensya pero kung makapag-maneho ako, hays, hindi takot mahuli?

I breathed a sigh of relief when I arrived on campus at exactly eight. There were no more students outside and I am sure they are inside the classroom now. I ran and went straight to our classroom.

"Why are you late Mr. Verreira?" Ma'am Celes asked when I enter the classroom and dare to sit straight in the chair.

"I woke up late, sorry." I told her. She just nod and leave the room.