Epilogue

Sa tuwing papasok ako sa trabaho, gustong-gusto ko na kaagad umuwi.

Para bang kulang ako sa pahinga at gusto ko na kaagad makita ang mag-iina ko.

I thought the future would be easy for me because I have a job but I realized that being a father of three is not easy. I have to work hard to fulfill their needs and wants. Yale helps me but because she is a nurse, we only see her every morning and night.

I never thought my life would be like this. At that time, I didn't seem to care about my surroundings, especially children and having a wife, but when I saw Yale again, my perspective seemed to change. I know she's still the one but it's a different feeling when you feel that she's the one you're going to marry, it's a good and genuine feeling. I even daydream about us having children, and it happened.

Back then, I was disgusted with myself because she seemed confused with me. There are things I say and do that I think confused her. Hindi ko pa maisip noong mga panahon na 'yon na may feelings din ang mga babae na hindi kailangan paglaruan.

If we like them, let's not push ourselves right away because if you push yourself and you don't really know how or what you feel about the person, parang nanggagag* ka lang. Pinaglalaruan mo lang ang feelings ng iba kung pati sarili mong feelings ay hindi mo naman alam kung sigurado ba. I admit that I gave Yale mixed signals and I felt guilty. I felt guilty but somehow I was still happy.

I never thought that there would be days that would be difficult for both of us. The explanations were not enough and it took days before we could even understand and enlighten each other.

Honestly, I can't accept that with so many things to do, why did she choose to leave? Hindi ko kinaya 'yon. I couldn't handle what happened to me in the ten years she was gone.

In those years in ten years that had passed I was the one who told my friends and his friends and myself not to be angry with her. I believe that whatever her reason is, nothing else will happen. It happened. There is no need to blame the person for what she did wrong. Then that's Yale, she's the only girl I can say is an Angel in Disguise.

We experienced a lot. A lot happened. There are many unexpected things. There are many revelations. There are many explanations. And a lot of time was wasted between the two of us, but I can say that I was not the only one who was strong between the two of us, because she was too.

She told me what happened since she lived alone in Canada. Just like people who are new to the area, people are difficult to get along with. I felt sorry for her when she said that, and I even wondered why she was able not to tell other people, especially her family, what had happened to her before.

Yale is also brave and strong. She just made a mistake.

I accepted and loved her for who she is. Regardless of the wrong decisions she made, and her shortcomings, I will stay by her side. I am here to correct her mistakes and she is here to correct my mistakes as well. We are here for each other to correct each other. We are not just a couple because we are also friends who from then until now will continue to grow with each other.

"Hey, what are you thinking?" My wife sat on my lap. I hugged her.

"Nothing," I said shortly. I kept hugging her.

"Aren't the children coming down yet?" I asked her. It's Saturday and we're all free.

"Not yet, I've woken them up but they still don't want to wake up." I let go of her hug and kissed her on the lips.

"Eww," Lumingon kami sa pinanggalingan ng boses.

My wife stood up and approached our children.

"Mom, ouch, ouch."