60: Trouble

~~~OLIVIA~~~

Maybe I was overreacting...

I tend to do that. I get angry and then I do stupid things.

Last time I got angry I nearly got Auron killed. Here I am about to do that again.

Am I an idiot?

I felt so bad when Adam burried him.

At least now that he's out of the ground I can clear my conscience.

Maybe I'm best to leave the whole thing alone.

My tent opens.

A timid face peers in.

She gasps as she notices me, pulls away, and lets the wall drop shut.

"Hey!" I yell after her. "Who the hell are you?"

No vampire would look upon me with such fear.

I follow her outside and corner her against another shelter.

"What the hell are you doing in our camp you stuipd human." I lay into her.

"You're not a vamipire." She realizes.

I'm caught stunned. Of course - she noticed my perfectly human, unpointed teeth.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"I asked first." I retort.

She rolls her eyes, steps around me and walks off arrogantly, ending our interaction.

Maybe I'm not the only one who's made a deal with a toothy devil...

I slink back to my tent, dissapointed that I wasn't able to pull off the scary/intimidating thing. Inside it's dark and cozy. I pull a blanket around my shoulders and after a few minutes I fall asleep.  

I wake up to a tall figure looming over me.

"Olivia what they hell happened while I was gone?" Adam's deep voice bellows.

"How should I know, I was asleep." I moan, rubbing my eyes.

"He's gone." Adam whispers.

I stare up at him in a confused daze.

"The creature. He escaped." Adam snaps. "How could you let this happen? First you catch the damn thing and now you let it get away?!"

"It's not my fault!"

"If you hadn't brought him into our camp we wouldn't be in this mess right now! Honestly, Olivia, you've been nothing but trouble since we got here."

"I've been trouble? All I've done is try to help you. You're just mad because your monster got away. So stop talking like that."

His expression turns cold. "Whatever, I'm going to go find Charlotte." He turns for the exit.

"Charlotte brought Auron back from the dead!" I shout, feeling it's my only option.

He stops in his tracks.

"She dug him up. She's keeping him in a tent outside of camp."

Red anger flushes across his face. Betrayal. It's written all over his disgusted expression.

"I'll kill her." He speaks.

He storms out of the tent faster than I can keep up.

That was a stronger reaction than I was expecting. But I can't feel bad about what I've done. It'll be a lot nicer around camp when I'm the only one on Adam's mind.