Epilogue

"Olivia... are you with me?"

The world is black and hazy. His sweet voice keeps calling to me. Pulling me out from the darkness.

My eyes crack open, squinting in the light. My mouth tastes like blood.

"Rise and shine," says the man hovering over me. "Welcome back, Livy."

"Auron?!"

I open my eyes wide and sit up so I can see him.

"What's going on? I thought you left. Where's Adam?"

He answers none of those questions but instead hugs me tight to his body. His hand cradles the back of my head, bringing me closer.

I'm very confused, but I don't bother pushing him away. I just sit there quietly, waiting for it to be over.

"Why are you hugging me?" I ask.

"Because I love you." He responds.

I pull away and look at him skeptically. Is he okay?

Then I notice it. Two small punctures on his lower neck. Thin lines of blood dripping from the clean little holes.

My tongue goes to my teeth. What I feel is unbelieveable.

Auron laughs at the expression on my face as I realize.

"You did this?" I ask.

It's a rhetorical question because I already know the answer. He smirks as I touch the fangs with my finger. They're real. And they're mine.

"Adam tried to kill me." I realize.

"I know," Auron breathes, "But don't worry. He'll get what he deserves. The mermaids are probably taking care of him as we speak."

"I think we should get out of here." I state.

"Yeah, let's do that." He smiles.

We stand up and begin moving throught the forest.

All is silent, except for the birds and the insects chirping. I gaze up at the trees with a wonderful feeling in my heart. That all this will be mine forever. And I watch Auron, strong and confident, leading the way a few steps ahead of me.

"I love you too." I murmur.