9: Close Encounter

~~~~~~~Dylan~~~~~~~

Answering my silent plea, she joins our group, sitting down next to me with an ethereal grace.

Blane and his friend make puzzled faces at each other, then look to me questioningly. I give a wide eyed response, I don't know this girl either but I want to.

"What's your name?" Blane's friend asks.

"I'm Cordelia Apanie." She replies.

"Sounds exotic." He remarks.

She laughs, a sweet, gentle sound like a summer breeze sweeping through a field of grass.

Her eyes kiss up and down my face, blinking rapidly with long, dark eyelashes.

I can't pull myself to look away until she does. Her head turns to look back at the water.

"It's beautiful this time of night." I murmur, finally managing to force words out of my mouth.

Her long hair catches the wind and is swept behind her shoulder as she returns her gaze to me. Her bright blue eyes almost glow, staring into mine. There's a moment where she says something with them, something warm and inviting.

"You two should really check it out." She smiles sweetly at the others, bearing no teeth.

"Yeah, why not?" Blane says, getting up and dusting off his shorts.

"Are you coming?" His friend asks as he stands.

She shakes her head softly. "I've just come from there." Her melodic voice sings.

It sends shivers down my spine, the good kind. That feeling of anticipation like a child on Christmas morning.

I dart my focus to the guys, sending them a sharp message with my eyes.

They take off for the shore, reluctantly. Their footsteps fade away into the rhythmic flow of waves.

I gaze at Cordelia and she smiles, tilting her head towards the ground while keeping her eyes on mine.

"You're beautiful." The words spill from my mouth without my own consent.

She giggles softly, then moves closer to me, placing her hand on my chest.

"So are you." She whispers, bringing her lips down onto mine.

I lose my mind to a euphoric sensation, spreading through my body in a wave of fire. One moment I'm there on the beach, the next somewhere entirely different. 

With every move the kiss goes deeper and I am propelled further, faster, into wonderland.  

Losing grip on reality, I roll back into the sand. She leans with me, her hair falling around my face. My hands trace the sides of her body. Suddenly she pulls back, breaking the moment. Her face loses all expression and the red fades from her cheeks.

"Let's get out of here." She says.

I breath heavily, staring up at her. My heart is still pounding, my head longing for more.

"Do you have a house we can go to?" She asks.

I think I know what she means...

"My Dad's home. Hang on, give me a second." I get up and search the horizon for my friends.

Catching sight of their figures, I head for them.

"Wait here, I'll be right back." I call to Cordelia.

"Blane!" I run up to him, "You're parents are out of town for the weekend, right?" I ask.

He nods vaguely.

"Can we go back to your house? Cordelia want's to go back to your house." I plead.

"You serious?" He asks, "Who the hell is this girl?"

"I don't know but she's beautiful and she's into me." I say, glancing over my shoulder to make sure she's still waiting.

My pleas must be convincing because we end up ditching Blane's friend and walking back to his house. He retreats to his room leaving me and Cordelia alone on the couch in the living room.

She waits for nothing, ripping my shirt from my body. Her eyes have a ravenous hunger to them.

"You're different from the other boys." She whispers, "Something about you..."