11: A Twist on the Unusual

~~~~Dylan~~~~

"We were so close." I sigh, letting it sink in. "She was naked."

"Keep it G, Dylan." Blane complains. 

"She started gasping for breath, god, she sounded like a dying animal. I couldn't calm her down. She just looked at me with these scared eyes and then ran for the door. I went after her but I swear she was already half way down the street when I realized what the hell was going on."

I cross the living room, leaning in the open doorway as if she's still out there in the street.

"She's gone. Just like that. Gone." I state.

"The hell did you do to her?" Blane questions, accusatory.

"Nothing! She was the one coming onto me! She was the instigator!" I retort. "I was just going along with it."

There's a silence. I turn away from the open door, warm summer air following me into the house.

"We were so close." I mutter. "Why couldn't she finish it?"

I walk around the couch and pick up a white blouse and pair of jean shorts off the floor.

"She left her clothes." I state.

"She ran out of here naked?" Blane asks, shocked.

"Didn't even take her shoes." I reply.

"She ran out into the street naked? God, you really must have scared her." He chuckles.

"What was that? What even happened? Was this all a joke? I mean, people don't do that. People don't just come up to strangers and make out all the sudden. Hell, I wasn't about to complain. I enjoyed it. She was beautiful. She was perfect, but people don't just do that. How could I have fallen for that? I'm so stupid." I say, tossing the clothes on the floor.

"I don't know what to say." Blane stifles a chuckle.

"What time is it?" I ask.

Blane checks his phone.

"Eleven fifty-seven." He says.

"Crap, I've got to get home. My Dad's gonna kill me." I say, silpping on my shoes.

"I'm screwed. I am so screwed, and you know what? I don't even care. All I can think about is how much I want to be with that girl." I head for the door.

"Wait! Take the clothes. I don't want my parents finding them here." Blane says, tossing them at me.

I catch them and leave, closing the door behind me.

What a weird night.