Chapter 2

Arriving at school felt weird, this was the first day but Brae hadn’t came back after slamming the door and disappearing. Thea had never arrived at school especially the first day without him their by her side.

A wave of sadness washed over her as she walked into her first class. There was a sense of lost and loneliness about her. This is the feeling Thea wanted to avoid by dating someone. Thea didn’t know if she was just dreaming it but people seemed to be giving her weird looks as she walked through the halls.

The adrenaline had started to disappear from her fight with Brae. Now all she felt was sadness and regret. Maybe if she hadn’t worded it the way she had or something they could of talked it through. Once he thought about it he had to see things her way.

Thea still couldn’t figure out what his problem was with it all. Brae must know they couldn’t go on like they where forever. She was sixteen and had yet to have a serious kiss. It was like Brae expected her to just be his little friend forever.

That thought made Thea angry, Brae had sex and dated. There was nothing wrong with her doing it as well. He was being more controlling then usual and Thea was going to treat him the same as she always did when he got too controlling…with silence. If there was one thing Brae hated was her ignoring him.

“Morning Thea, where is Braeden… I didn’t see him this morning.” Bronwyn sat down beside her; everyone called her Wynn for short. Thea had known her for almost as long as Brae. She was the only one who didn’t seem to be affected by Brae’s great looks.

Whether that was because she thought of him like a brother or because she is inseparable from her long time boyfriend James. They where the cutest couple that Thea had ever seen. They almost seemed to be just an extension of each other. Where one ended the other started Wynn always said they where soul mates like that explained everything, but that seemed too mushy of a word for Thea.

“He is off sulking in the woods. I told him I wanted to date for real.” Thea told her hearing the injustice in her own words. How dare he not let her grow up.

Looking over, Wynn was almost on the floor laughing.

“What did he say to that?” Wynn barely got it out around the laughing and the tears. Falling back she stopped herself from falling off her chair.

“He basically said no, so I told him he couldn’t tell me what to do, and he said ‘yes I can’ and stormed out the back door.” Saying it out loud Thea could almost see the humor in it if it wasn’t involving her.

“Oh man, Brae is going to hate that, it’s his own fault though.” Wynn tried to calm herself down as the teacher came into the room.