Chapter 27

Author's Note:

I want to thank everyone who has been extremely patient with me. I am so sorry I havn't updated. I got writter block. It might have something to do with this new story I am writting. Its is a little different and I just can't get it out of my head. 

This might seem crazy but this new story literally is running thorugh my head as if its really happening. Luckily I got a boost of inspiration for this book. I think I have this story and book TWO completely plotted out. 

I hope you enjoy!

Please Vote/Comment and let me know what you think. 

Katherine

***********************************************************************************************************

Waking up the first thing Thea realized was that the pain was gone. Looking around she realized she was lying in a strange room. It felt like a hospital room except it looked nothing like the room she stayed in before.

Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes she focused more closely at her surrounding. The last thing Thea remembered was being in an extreme amount of pain.

Gasping Thea realized that in the bed beside hers was Brae. He was lying turned away and sound asleep. Nothing at the moment was making any sense. Were they kidnapped? Was there some weird wolf bad people out to get them?

Pushing off the bed Thea made her way over to Brae’s bed.

“Brae wake up.” Thea pushed lightly at his arm, watching the door at the same time.

“Brae come on this is no time for you to sleep.” Thea hit him harder; nobody would be able to sleep through that. Shaking her head she couldn’t believe Brae’s deep sleeping.

Thea didn’t think it was a good idea to make any noise at the moment. Who knew where they were or who was on the other side of the door. Thea was really starting to get scared. What if there was something wrong with Brae and that was why he wasn’t waking up.

Ringing her hands Thea mentally screamed frustrated at everything.

Gasping Thea caught herself as she almost fell at the speed of which Brae shot up out of bed.

“What… Thea stop shouting.” Brae rubbed his eyes looking around. Sighing he lifted himself out of bed.

“Brae shh… I don’t know where we are.” Thea tried to shush him as he stretched his arms above his head yawning loudly.

“Its ok we are at the pack hospital.” Brae looked Thea over before grabbing her up in a hug.

“The last thing I remember is being in pain. Are you ok Thea? Did something happen.” Brae rushed on mentally catching up.

“I have no idea I was in pain too.” Thea snuggled into Brae’s arms. As soon as he touched her everything suddenly felt better. In his arms she was safe. Even though she had no idea where they where or what was happening there was something deep down that knew with him everything would always be ok.

“Are you still in pain, where are you hurt. Show me.” Brae searched Thea looking for any signs of an injury.

“I am ok all my pain is gone. Brae it was so horrible. One minute I could feel you walking through the forest the next you where gone. It felt like I had lost you or worst. Then the pain started.” Thea sat down on the bed, closing her eyes as she replayed the scene in her head. The moment she had lost Brae in her head part of her had broken.

It was the worst feeling in the world. Not even the intense pain was as bad as that moment of emptiness.

“Shh its ok, I am here.” Brae pulled Thea in closer. Brae kissed the top of her head closing his eyes.

Hearing the door open behind them Thea reluctantly pulled away from Brae. Looking towards the door Thea watch the doctor walk in with a huge smile.

“How are you to doing. Any lasting affects?” The doctor looked up smiling tapping her pen to the clipboard.

“What kind of lasting affects? What exactly happened to us?” Brae stood up walking around to stand next to Thea.

“Well what happened to you is very rare. I have never seen it because nobody has ever let it happen. The both of you are suffering from not being fully mated.”

Thea could feel a line starting to form on her forehead. All of this was getting extremely confusing.

“I see that the both of you are confused. See in normal mating you would complete your bond immediately. Since you have not it is making the both of you sick. First sign is that you really can’t be far away from each other.”

Watching the doctor Thea noticed that she almost seemed happy with her news. As the doctor rolled up on her toes she seemed to let out a breath of excitement.

“Do you mean this will get worst?” Brae wrapped his arms around Thea from behind. Hating the idea of Thea feeling that much pain again.

“Yes it will get extremely worst. You will start to feel pain more often at shorter and shorter distances. You will also slowly be drained of strength.” Looking down at her clipboard she scribbled a few things before looking up again with an even wider smile.

“Isn’t this all just great?”

“I am sorry Doctor how is any of this great?” Growling Brae tightened his hold on Thea. The idea of anyone feeling joy from the idea of Thea being hurt was echoing in Brae's head.

Thea was really starting to hate this doctor. There was definitely something wrong with her. How could any of this ever be great? She was literally telling them they were going to be in pain and weak and the doctor was smiling.

“Its just fascinating how the bond and mating work. Our bodies are just amazing don’t you believe so?” Looking at both of them the doctor lost part of her smile and started frowning.

“No I don’t particularly find any of this fascinating.” Looking away Thea looked up at Brae. Was he hearing this doctor and her insane ideas? How was this doctor in control of their whole pack hospital? Didn’t anybody ever notice how off her rocker she was?

“Well whether you do or don’t is besides the point, the fact is you must mate now.” Looking at both of them sternly the doctor turned around and marched out the door.

“I think you made her mad Brae.” Thea was starting to find this whole situation amusing. Or she was starting to become hysterical.

Looking back up at Brae she noticed him looking down at her his eyes dark and glowing. Catching his eye she watched him smirk before he lifted her up onto the bed.

“What are you doing Brae, stop that tickles?" Laughing Thea tried unsuccessfully to push Brae away.

“We got our orders must mate now.” Brae pushed her hand down slowly kissing along her neck stopping at her collarbone softly blowing.

“Brae we can’t, where in public.” Thea sat up and quickly darted away. This was a lot to think about and she wasn’t letting her wolfy senses take over. Staying in this tiny room with the beds wasn’t an option. Not with a voice screaming in her head to jump Brae.