Chapter 29

Authors note: I am really sorry to all my loyal readers. I really should not have left it this long. If i have an excuse its because I was married in August. if anyoine on here is married you know how all consuming it becomes leading up to it and after. I will try to keep the chapters coming. Thank you to anyone still waiting to read without losing hope. 

*************************************************

“Alexander we were not expecting you, we are sorry we were not here to welcome you. How are your parents?” Brae’s dad jumped forward shaking the hand of the evil looking smirking man.

“Ahh yes Alpha Henry we wanted to see for ourselves your sons human mate. Dad is sorry not to come himself but matters have kept him.” Alexander said stepping forward not once losing eye contact with Brae. “Mom of course says hello.” Almost whispering that last part as he fully smirked at Thea.

“We had no idea what to say or do really in this matter. Having never come across another human mate before.” Henry said glancing at Brae giving him a look. 

“We know all about little Thea here. The doctor has been keeping us quite informed. Human is she, I’m not to sure about that.”

“Would you like any coffee, tea” Joanna quickly toke control of the situation. Shuffling everyone into the dinning room.

Thea had no idea who this man was but he was starting to tick her off. Who was he to stand there staring and talking about her like she wasn’t even there. Thea could feel Brae tensing beside her at the table. Whoever the guy was Brae was not a fan.

“Why is it that you are here exactly Alex?" Brae moved closer on the table staring Alexander down.

“Long time no see Braeden, have you missed me.” Sitting back in his seat he looked back at Brae.

“If you have come for a reason spit it out, otherwise I think I have better things to do then sit here and listen to you.” Growling Brae sat up ready to spring up at any minute.

Thea could feel the tension and annoyance coming off of Brae. His emotions were practically screaming at her they were so strong.

“Braeden that is no way to speak to the Grand Alpha’s son. Alexander I ask forgiveness for am my sons behavior.”

“Joanna it is quite alright, I will get to the point. You all know our rules involving humans. Humans are never allowed to know about our kind and as such never to mate with one of us.”

Looking around the table Thea could feel the fear coming off of everyone. Who ever this Alex guy was he was powerful.

“We understand my son acted impulsively and without permission. Whatever your father decides we will honor.” Braes dad Robert avoided everyone’s look as he sat back.

“Dad come on you know what it was like.”

“Enough Brae, this is gone on long enough, we have rules for a reason, they must be followed for the greater good of all the pack not just you.” Robert sat back ignoring Joanna’s pleading look and watched Alex.

Looking back at Alex she noticed he was smirking at Brae, obviously loving the fight between father and son.

“Thank you Robert my father will be glad o her of your packs compliance. My father first wanted to be certain that she was actually human. Since he never expected something like this to happen by you Robert. He has asked that Thea be brought back to him where they can watch and teach her our ways.”

“You want to take Thea to London, are you out of your mind.” Standing up quickly Brae pushed away from the table. Walking away he angrily pressed his through his hair.

“Braeden enough.” Glaring up at Brae Robert stood as well. “ Braeden at this time can not go to London, my son is in training as future alpha.

“We understand which was why the offer was only made to Thea. Frankly Robert my father has no need for your sons’ presence at Grand. We will only require Thea’s presence.

“No way am I allowing my mate to be at Grand without me.” Leaving the room Brae walked out the back door into the yard running into the woods.

“Careful Robert my fathers patience only last so long. Right now I will leave you with an invitation.” Walking around the table towards the door Alex turned around once looking straight at Thea. “I do really look forward to getting to know you.”

Thea didn’t know why but something in that look was off and sent warning shivers down her spine.