Chapter 5

Lying in bed felt weird for Thea. Part of her wanted to rush over to Brae’s house and jump in his arms. This was a weird feeling; she didn’t understand what it meant.

Thea had always thought of Brae as just a friend; best friends. This feeling she was feeling now seemed stronger.

Thea didn’t understand why it came on so strong out of the blue. Looking into Brae’s eyes everything had shifted.

That couldn’t be possible could it? If they tried something different and it didn’t work out.

“Thea do you want to tell me what’s going on now.” Wynn said from beside her. Immediately after seeing Thea burst into tears Wynn had brought her home from school.

They had been laying here for a few hours. Thea didn’t want to talk. She wanted to try and work out what she was feeling inside.

School had to be out by now. Smiling for the first time she hoped Nathan walked home ok. Hopefully when she didn’t show up he wouldn’t just stand outside waiting for her forever.

“There was a smile I saw it” Wynn said sitting up.

“I was thinking about Nathan not walking home.” Thea said half to herself.

“Who’s Nathan and why do you care” Wynn said looking very confused.

“He’s a guy that just moved here, he walked me to school.”

“Oh, ok but why were you crying.”

“I was crying because I saw Brae and he just walked away from me,” Thea told her feeling a like crying all over again.

“You were crying over Brae, why?” Wynn asked.

“I don’t know why, I just looked in his eyes and got really confused and he just walked away and I started crying” Thea was getting confused all over again. If she had real feelings wasn’t it worth trying them out or would that ruin everything.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier, you should go see Brae right now” Wynn said getting off the bed.

“What, why?”

“You just should go see Brae, he can help you, plus I should go” Wynn said pulling her off the bed and dragging her through the house to the back door. Why would she need to see Brae?

Thea personally thought that was a bad idea, as she hadn’t worked out yet what she wanted.

“Go you will feel better when you see him” That Thea did believe. She needed to see Brae and now that she was outside she could feel herself pulling towards him.

Walking into Brae’s house Thea walk immediately upstairs. She didn’t want to run into Joanna again. As much as she loved and missed Joanna, she did not want to be told to leave again.

Thea noticed Brae’s door was open a crack. Peaking in through the gap she tried to see if Brae was in the room.

About to open the door wider she heard Braes voice talking to someone. Thea knew it was wrong but she listened in anyway.

“Maybe she will never know; I can be ok with that. You will not interfere.” Brae said.

Seeing Sarah come into sight as she moved through out the room. Just seeing her made Thea get upset. Thea still didn’t understand what she had been talking about at school earlier. Why was she in Brae’s room now?

“I am sorry for that, I won’t do it again. But next year you are going to need someone. Thea is a nobody. You should be with someone who understands you.” Sarah told Brae.

“I just don’t know what to do. You know our rules. My hands are tied.”

“Not if you decided to be with someone else.” Sarah said moving out of view again as she walked closer to Brae.

“Maybe your right, maybe Thea isn’t worth it” Brae said. Hearing the words come out of Brae’s mouth almost killed Thea. She had never felt this much pain. Turning she ran out of the house.

She didn’t understand why Brae would be saying something like that. They were best friends and there he was talking to Sarah about her like she was nothing.

Thea had even started to imagine there could be something more between them. Now all she felt was betrayal and pain.

Thea didn’t know where this even left them, could they even be friends after this.

Running into her room she tripped over her computer laying on the floor by her bed. Opening it up she tried to stop the tears welling up.

Seeing she had a message from Nathan she clicked on the icon.

Nathan Law

Are you ok Thea; everyone was talking about you leaving early from school. Someone had said you were crying.

Thea Hale

I am fine just didn’t feel well. Sorry for scaring you.

Nathan Law

That’s ok I am just glad you are ok. So I am thinking about our date. How about this Friday after the game we could go for dinner. Then I think there is a party.

Thinking about what had just happened with Brae. Feeling like there was nothing really left for them. It wouldn’t hurt to start moving on.

Thea new she didn’t really feel anything for Nathan though she liked him a lot. Maybe feelings would come in time. It definitely wouldn’t hurt to go on a date.

Thea Hale

Sure sounds like fun. Why after the game?

Thea had no interest in going to the game. Brae was captain and would be there. Including Sarah cheering them all on.

The party would be ok at least it would involve lots of people.

Nathan Law

I am playing in the game. I am on the team.

Thea Hale

Oh ok didn’t realize. Great sounds like fun.

Nathan Law

Good, I’m excited. Ill see you tomorrow.

Thea Hale

TTYS

Of course Nathan was on the team. Thea just couldn’t get away. Sighing she would just have to deal. She was a little bit excited about the date. Not the location of it but going out with someone. Thea said she wanted to date and it was happening.

Feeling happier then before she started to smile thinking about going out with Nathan. He was very good looking.

 Thea just wished she wasn’t feeling the giant sized whole in her chest.

******

Authors Note:

Hope you all enjoy the new chapter. 

Poor Thea. 

Comment and let me know what you think.