Chapter 20

I have slightly changed the ending of the last chapter. So a couple of thing in this chapter might confuse you if you have not read the changes.

*******

Wake up Thea, please wake up. Wake up, Wake up, Wake up.

WAKE UP!

Squinting her eyes open, Thea looked around the room. Sitting to her left was Brae; he had his head buried in the bed beside her.

By the look of the room Thea guessed she was in a hospital. Glancing down at herself it looked like most of her body was in bandages. Closing her eyes she tried to remember what had happened.

“Your awake.” Brae launched forward and grabbed her up in a hug.

“I was so worried, you have no idea.”

As soon as he touched her she washed with feelings. Unexplainable feelings. Gasping Thea tried to breath.

“What? Why…” Thea tried to say something. All she could do was stared at Brae in confusion until Brae let go.

“Are you ok, do you feel pain?”

Experimentally moving her arm, Thea noticed she didn’t have any pain anywhere. Confused Thea looked over her body searching for any pain.

“Why am I not in pain? Why do I have bandages?” Thea searched Brae’s eyes for a clue. Anything that would tell her what was going on?

“You were in an accident, don’t you remember?” Brae looked worriedly in her eyes.

Thea tried to remember what Brae was talking about. She didn’t remember any accident.

“Were you hurt as well, are you ok?” Thea quickly looked Brae over for injuries. Apart from dark circles under his eyes like he hadn’t been sleeping he seemed fine.

“No just you, you crashed the truck.” Frowning Brae sat back down as he laid his hand down on hers.

That’s when Thea saw it. Like a flash the pictures ran through her head. She saw the truck fly in the air a little after hitting a bump, and smash into a tree. The angle seemed wrong though. Thea was seeing the accident from a perspective outside the truck.

The pictures flying through her mind were also joined by extreme feelings. She could feel the fear and pain at seeing the truck smash.

“I remember but it seems wrong. I can remember the truck hitting but I wasn’t in it.” Thea tried to make sense of this new information, but it disappeared as soon as she spoke, as if it was never there at all.

“What do you mean you were in the truck, I saw you.” Brae moved closer in his chair, he had let go of her hand when she had started to look worried. Squinting his face he tried to make sense of Thea’s words.

“No it was like a flash, of me watching the truck go over and I was really scared. More scared then I have ever felt before in my life.” Thea tried to bring the memories back but they were gone. She had the feeling that they didn’t truly belong to her.

“I’ll call the doctor, she will know what’s happening.” Brae reached up and pushed the red button on the wall. Reaching out he wrapped his hand around hers.

Gasping Thea could barely breathe. As soon as Brae closed his hand around hers she was consumed by an overwhelming feeling. The feelings were more then love; more then normal attraction.

Thea could feel her heartbeat and breathing speeding up. Looking straight in Braes eyes she was hit again with another wave of heat. All her senses were on over drive and it took all Thea’s will power to not launch forward into his arms.

“What… What’s happening? Can you feel it?” Thea could barely speak. She felt a smile overtake her face and she tightened her fingers trying to pull Brae in closer.

“What do you feel? Are you in pain?” Brae stood up standing closer.

“No it’s so strong, the way I feel it’s too intense.” Thea tried to explain, but she didn’t understand it herself.

Hearing someone clearing there throat Thea snapped out of her daze with Brae.

“I see our little patient is wide awake. How do you feel Thea?" The doctor came around and touched her wrist for vitals.

“I feel fine.” Thea experimentally moved her wrist for the doctor.

“Is that normal doc, that she has healed so quickly?"

“Yes, I believe that you have shared part of your traits with her. This is very intriguing, there has never been a human.” The doctor moved in closer and started poking at her leg.

“What do you mean there has never been a human.” Confused Thea moved away from the doctor. She didn’t like what the she was saying. Grabbing Brae’s hand to move away. Instead she was instantly brought back to the lake.

Looking around she saw herself standing there about twelve feet away. She watched as herself said something before Thea launched forward and was standing looking down at herself.

Waiting for what was going to happen next in this nightmare she noticed something strange. She could just make out her feet but instead they were paws.

Screaming Thea launched up out of bed and away from Brae and the doctor. Looking at both of them from across the room, Thea put her arms out in protection.

“What is it? What did you see?” The doctor sounded excited at learning this new information about her.

“I remember, I remember what you are Brae.”

*******

Author's Note

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Please Vote/Comment and let me know what you think.