Chapter 22

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoy reading. Please let me know what you think of Brae and Thea. How do you think Thea should react? And what do you think will happen next?

Please Vote/Comment.

************************************************************************************************************

Smiling Brae moved towards the door, “Hey doll.” Brae spoke softly almost like he was afraid to scare her off.

“Don’t call me that.” Thea marched pass him and up the stairs. Part of her wished her father were home so Brae wouldn't be able to talk about anything wolf related.

Frowning Brae followed her up the stairs, just catching the door before it slammed in his face.

“Don’t call you ‘doll’, why not?”

“Because it’s a lying name, from a lying guy.” Thea stomped into the bathroom this time managing to slam the door shut before he followed. She received a sliver of joy from the grunt of pain outside the door. Right before the sadness and confusion shifted pass her defenses from Brae.

“Its not a lying name, you love it when I call you doll.”

“Not any more.” Thea tried to push down Brae’s feelings. She learned in the hospital that if she concentrated on her breathing she could almost make them disappear. Though him being this close was making it impossible. Opening the door she walked out and stood in front of him.

“Thea please let me explain. I know you want to be close to me, stop fighting it.” Brae moved forward trying to catch her hand before she stomped by him and over to her bed.

“Stop invading my feelings.” Looking around her room she realized there was nowhere to go. Her room was too small with him in it. Brae was just too big. He towered over everything. She felt herself shrinking beside him.

For once in her life she hated how tiny she was. Climbing up on the bed she was just at eye level with him. Even though it was fake height it did make her feel better.

“Is that better doll?" Smiling Brae moved closer to the bed. Reaching out he tried to wrap his hands around her tiny waist before she could jump out of the way. Succeeding he pulled her a little closer on the bed.

“Please let me explain everything Thea, then you can kick me out. If you want to still.”

Thea could feel pleasure shooting out from Brae’s hands throughout her body. Trying not to swoon she locked her legs. Putting her hands up to push him away she found she physically couldn’t and instead rested her hands on his chest.

Clearing her throat and looking anywhere then Brae’s eyes,

“Fine you can tell me then go.”

Sighing Brae toke that as the first positive sign.

“First I just want you to know that I love you, I love you more then anything in this whole world. I wish I could go back and not cause you any pain. Please believe that. Say you believe me.”

Thea felt herself start to cry from his words. She didn’t know if it was her feelings or his or a combination of both of them. Whichever it was she couldn’t help but burst into tears. Sagging forward she wrapped her arms around Brae’s neck. She was suddenly extremely tired and warn out.

Everything from the past few days plus not being able to sleep all caught up to her at once. Laying her head against his shoulder she felt herself being lifted and lowered onto the bed. Closing her eyes she curled herself completely into Brae. Letting him engulf her came easily.

“I do know that Brae, I know you love me. It scares me though. How strong my feelings are. How strong your feelings are, I can feel them. They aren’t normal feelings; they are too strong to overwhelming. It feels like there is something rushing through my body pulling me towards you.”

“Don’t be scared. That’s what its like to be a wolf, those are your wolf feelings towards your mate.” Brae tucked his head over hers. He wasn’t going to let go as long as she was letting him touch her. The last four days had almost killed him.

“I am not a wolf Brae, I am human. I do not have Wolf feelings.” Pushing against his chest Thea tried to move back. She didn’t want to hear any of this weird wolf stuff at the moment.

“Ok…Ok I won’t talk, please Thea be mad tomorrow just let me hold you tonight.” Brae pulled her back in.

“Fine tonight, no more wolf stuff.” Thea said giving in. She could feel her eyelids getting heavy. Allowing herself to drift back off to sleep in Brae’s arms felt natural and uncontrollable.