Chapter 4

All morning Thea had been feeling dread for everything that Brae wasn’t there for. For the first time Thea hated waking up in the morning, it had taken a lot to drag herself out of bed.

Something about this morning felt different. Thea didn’t understand the feelings going on inside of her. She almost felt as if something was pulling her outside into the woods. Where it would take her Thea didn’t know. Why she would want to go into the woods Thea didn’t know.

Just as she was about to leave Thea heard the front door buzz. She knew Brae would never buzz, but part of her couldn’t help but wish.

Opening the door revealed Nathan standing outside. Smiling at her like the happiest man on earth. Feeling disappointed Thea smiled back.

“Nathan, what are you doing here?"

“Walking you to school of course, lets go we are going to be late.” Nathan said, grabbing her bag and walking away.

“You do realize I live out of your way, this is not just the long way to school.” Thea was being to wonder if Nathan was a little off his rocker.

“Yes Miss Thea, I know, I wanted to walk with you” If it was possible for his smile to get any wider it did.

“Why” Thea was overly suspicious. Nathan was weird.

Nathan sighed, “Is it not good enough that I just wanted to” Nathan said frowning a little.

Maybe it was because of the mood Thea was in but that wasn’t good enough. “No”

Stopping suddenly and turning towards Thea, “Well I was hoping to ask you out, as soon as I worked up my nerve.”

Blushing all Thea could stutter out was, “OH”

“So now you know, don’t make it easy on a guy do you” Nathan said continuing walking.

“I’m sorry I am horrible with surprises, I always figure something’s up and ruin it for Brae.”

“Who’s Brae?"

“My best friend, though were in a sort of fight at the moment.” Thea said feeling a little sad about saying it out loud to a stranger.

“Uh I see. So will you?”

“Will I…What?”

“Will you go out with me… on a date?” Nathan said looking away.

“Umm yes I guess.” Even though Thea wanted this, getting it was making her nervous. Part of Thea didn’t really expect to get a date so soon. She hopped Brae would be ok with it.

Finally reaching the school they walked in the doors. “Bye Nathan see you later.” Walking away Thea felt a little bit of relief.

She couldn’t shake the feeling; Thea did really like Nathan. There was something missing though. Thea couldn’t put a finger on it. Walking into her first class she forgot about everything.

Lunch couldn’t come to soon for Thea. Classes had been long and boring. Everyone had been staring and talking silently.

Walking towards the Café, Thea could hear her stomach starting to grumble. Almost at the doors Sarah the head cheerleader walked in front of her path.

“Hey Thea, heard Brae’s not taking to you, finally clued in I guess” Sarah said quietly in an angry voice. Thea had never liked Sarah; she was extremely good looking with long blond hair and long legs. But her meanness made her seem almost ugly.

“Brae and I are none of your business.” Brae had dated Sarah for a while, until Sarah’s hostility towards Thea became too apparent. Then Brae had broken up with her.

“You are to stupid to keep something that can’t be broken. He deserves so much better for his partner” Sarah said turning a little red in the face.

“What do you mean partner, we were friends never more.”

Smiling suddenly Sarah looked around before leaning closer. “I’m sorry, you stupid human I meant Ma…”

“SARAH” Gasping Thea turned around hearing Brae’s voice. Only he wasn’t looking at her he was looking straight at Sarah with anger in his eyes.

Looking back at Sarah Thea noticed that all her anger had been replaced with fear. Why would Sarah be afraid of Brae?

“GO NOW” Brae said, he was talking quietly but it sounded like a shout with the force it had.

Feeling her heart speed up being this close to Brae. Looking up at him everything Sarah had been saying completely washed away.

Locking eyes with Brae for the first time since yesterday morning. Thea felt something she had never felt before. A swoosh washed through her heart.

Her knees felt a little weak and she couldn’t help the urge to run into his arms. She would of leap into Brae’s arms if Thea was now not looking at Brae’s back as he walked away.

Gasping she felt a physical pain at watching him walk into the cafeteria. Thea didn’t understand all these emotions going through her. Trying to take a step she knew she couldn’t move at all. Looking around she saw Wynn and James coming around the corner.

Wynn looking up at Thea and immediately rushed over. “What’s wrong Thea your white as a ghost?"

Trying to talk Thea couldn’t make out a sound; she burst into tears instead. 

***********

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoy. Please comment and let me know what you think.

Should I write a chapter from Brae's point of view, let me know what you think?