Chapter 10

Waking up in Brae’s bed felt like home. It had been so long since they had been together; she almost forgot the warm comfy feeling that Brae gave off.

Looking around Thea realized she was alone in the room. Reaching out she felt the bed it was still warm so he couldn’t of left that long ago.

Hearing a buzzing noise Thea reached over to grab her phone. Looking at the screen she saw that it was Nathan.

“Hello”

“Thea where are you, I have been so worried; you disappeared last night.”

Squinting her forehead in embarrassment, “I’m sorry I just woke up, have you been looking for me. I am alright”

“No I am at home, I was very upset that you disappeared, I couldn’t talk to you before now.” Nathan said his anger still coming over the phone.

Feeling guilty because she was in another guy’s bed on the night of their date. She tried to come up with something he would believe.

“Last night Brae and I made up so we were talking. I am sorry I worried you. Please don’t be mad.”

“Brae, captain of the team Braeden Wells?” Nathan questioned.

“Yes we have been friends for a long time and we have been fighting, hopefully it’s better now though.”

“Why would Braeden Wells want to be friends with you?"

“What, we have been friends since we were kids. Why wouldn’t he want to be friends with me?” Thea hoped Nathan didn’t mean that the way it sounded. Thea was still trying to figure out Nathan, one moment he was the nicest guy the next he could be a real jerk.

“I just meant you guys probably have little in common, I missed giving you your goodnight kiss last night.” Nathan said quickly changing the subject.

Thea was still a little put off by what Nathan had said. She did realize it was hard for Nathan as he always misspoke. It must be hard for him keeping friends like that.

Thea was determined to not let it bother her. Nathan was new to this town and it must be hard leaving everything behind. When Nathan got more confident in everything it would works itself out.

“Who said I would let you kiss me?” Thea said trying to tease him back.

“We both know you would of, you find me irresistible.” Nathan cockily said back.

“Guess you will just have to prove that.”

“I guess I will.”

Laughing back at Nathan, he really was easier to talk to when he was flirting. Hearing a noise Thea looked up.

Watching Brae walk back in with a tray of food, he frowned at the phone.

“I have to go, I will see you on Monday.” Thea said to Nathan.

“Ok I will see you soon beautiful.” Nathan said right before Thea hung up.

Blushing she set the phone back down on the nightstand. Looking up at Brae who had yet to put down the tray. Thea noticed he was still frowning at the phone.

“Who was on the phone?" Brae tried to say causally.

“Oh that was just Nathan, I worried him by disappearing last night.” Thea said stealing a slice of toast with jam.

Grunting Brae sat down. “I never heard the phone ring once, must not of been to worried”

“He said he was mad that I disappeared” Thea mumbled trying to defend him.

“Mad, so not worried. Guess he didn’t care if you were attacked or missing” Brae’s face got more angrier as he spoke.

“Nathan is not a doom and gloom thinker like you, nothing bad ever happens in this town.” Thea said enjoying her breakfast.

“That is because we work really hard to keep it safe. He should of still phoned; you are a girl.”

“Are you on the police force now, did I miss you joining. You don’t ‘work’ hard at anything. I might be a girl but I can protect myself.” Thea said pushing Brae away from her breakfast.

“Oh ya you think you could take me. I’d like to see you try.” Nathan said snagging the last piece of bacon.

Before Brae could take his first bite, Thea launched herself at him. Tackling him to the bed Thea sat on his chest and stole the bacon back.

“Ha take that little boy.” Smiling in victory she held both of Brae’s hands down. Staring into his eyes she lost her smile.

The intense feelings she had from before came washing back as she got lost in his eyes. Brae had to feel something this feeling was to intense. Thea watched as his eyes darkened to an unbelievable black.

Thea could feel herself being drawn into him. It felt like a force was literally pushing her down into Brae.

Thea’s whole body broke out in tingles. She didn’t’ understand where all these feeling were coming from.

Running her hands along Brae’s muscled arms she sighed in delight. Thea could feel herself being pulled into a trance. The feelings she was feeling went way beyond normal attraction. This was something way more. Thea didn’t understand what it was but it defiantly wasn’t normal.

Brae’s arms came up with one hand cupping her cheek. His touch was extremely soft as he caressed the side of her face.

Brae’s fingers started pushing her hair back on her face; Thea was sure he was going to kiss her.

“Don’t see Nathan any more Thea he is a jerk.” Brae whispered.

“Nathan is not a jerk he is just misunderstood.” Thea said shaking her head awakening from her trance.

“I don’t want you to see him anymore” Brae said sitting up as Thea stumbled off the bed.

She was still shaking from what had just happened. “Why Brae, tell me why I can’t see him anymore.” Thea almost yelled in her frustration.

“Because he is a jerk, he doesn’t treat you right.”

“That’s your reason?” Thea demanded pointing at him.

“Do I need another one, what do you think the reason should be.” Brae said standing as well grabbing her by the arms'.

Thea wasn’t going to say anything if he wasn’t. Brae must not be able to feel any of these weird feelings she was experiencing. Thea was glad she hadn’t kissed him; she was saved from that embarrassment.

“I told you before Brae, you can’t tell me what to do.” This time Thea was going to be the one to stomp out. Slamming the door behind her she stomped out of the house. That was the last time she was letting her feelings for Brae over power her.

*********************

Author's Note:

I would like to thank all of the fans who have commented, it really means a lot to me. Please Vote/comment and let me know what you think.