Chapter 12

By the end of the week Thea had, had enough. Brae and Nathan were at each other’s throats the entire week.

First it was whether or not Thea would drive or walk to school; Brae won. Then where she would sit at lunch; Nathan won.

Luckily it had not lasted long as of Wednesday both boys were to evolved in practice to annoy her every second.

The only bright star out of all of this was Brae and her were friends again. They were not completely back to normal, as they haven’t had a sleepover or movie night since the fight.

Thea was going to change all that tonight. Tonight was another of their games and afterwards she was going home with Brae.

Over the past week Thea felt like she had gotten her feelings for Brae under control. They no longer overwhelmed her.

Thea could still feel them threatening to come back, sitting right under the surface. But as yet she was able to control them.

Her feelings for Nathan had also grown over the last week. Thea was right he must have just been nervous at first because for the last week he had been extremely polite and friendly to everyone. Well except Brae.

Thea couldn’t believe how fast the week had gone. Already it was Friday again. Another game another party.

That’s what living in a small town was all about: being predictable.

Walking towards the field Thea hopped the game would be already over. She had spent as much time as she could to tutor a grade 8 student.

Thea knew that it was almost against her nationality as an American to hate football, but she did.

It was in her opinion one of the most boring sports in the world. Thea wished that the boys played soccer then at least you could actually amuse yourself at all the hot guys. In football their helmets were so big it could be anyone under them.

Hearing a huge cheer well up Thea smiled. Mission accomplished. Game missed. Hurrying onto the field to congratulate the team and to pretend she had been there the whole time.

Thea felt a strong pair of arms lift her up from behind and spin her around.

“Ahh put me down I’m getting dizzy.” Thea said grabbing the arms around her stomach.

“I won baby doll do I get a kiss.” Brae said with a cocky grin.

Taking a quick breath Thea trapped the butterflies down.

“You won I thought it was a team effort, should I kiss the whole team.” Thea said leaning over and kissing James on the cheek as he and Wynn joined them.

Growling low Brae advanced towards Thea. “Oh you are going to wish you hadn’t done that.” Brae threatened opening his arms to grab her.

Letting out a giggle as she turned around and ran as fast as she could away from the field. She wasn’t as fast as Brae but she was small which made it easier to weave through people.

“You can’t catch me I’m faster.” Thea called over her shoulder as she broke out of the crowd and bee lined for the parking lot.

Growling back Brae picked up his speed now that they were safely away from all the people. Grabbling Thea up into his arms he pulled her over to a hidden darkened corner.

“Oh ya baby doll look who’s caught now.”

“No fair you cheated” Thea said pouting up at Brae.

“And how might I ask did I cheat.” Brae said pushing Thea up against the wall with one arm on each side.

“Your taller so you can run better.” Thea rationalized for him.