Chapter 19

Looking up into the big black eyes of the wolf Thea couldn’t make sense of any of this. One minute Brae was standing there and the next minute he was gone. Watching the wolf closely she noticed how strong it was and huge. No wolf she had ever heard of could get this big.

Hearing a twig snapping brought Thea out of her thoughts. Looking up she saw that he was coming closer. Letting out a whimper she closed in on her self.

Squeezing her eyes tight she hoped whatever was happening to Brae would stop soon.

“Thea look at me, come on please.” Brae dropped down beside her, back in his human form. Hearing that whimper had broken his heart.

Whimpering and shaking her head, Thea didn’t want to look. It was all too much. How was any of this even happening?

“Thea its ok, I’m here. Let me explain.” Brae ran his hand up and down Thea’s back to sooth her.

Looking up Thea looked into Brae’s warm brown eyes and instantly burst into tears. Wrapping her arms around him she buried her head into his shoulder.

Lifting Thea up he carried her over to the blanket and sat down with her on his lap.

Starting to calm down Thea thought about everything that had just happened. Brae was a wolf. A real wolf, he was big and black and hairy.

“Brae when did you get bitten, is it a full moon tonight? How is this even possible? Is there a cure, what do we have to do?”

Chuckling Brae sat her down so he could look in her eyes.

“Shh slow down for a minute.”

“Why are you laughing this is not funny.” Thea hated when Brae didn’t take things seriously. Here he was turning into a wolf and he thought everything was funny.

“I’m not laughing, it’s just cute.” Brae couldn’t stop the smile from forming on his face. He had finally shown Thea his true self and she was already trying to fix him.

“What’s cute? That I want to help you, or that you can’t answer any of my questions. Are you under a spell; can you not remember your sire?” Thea moved further back from Brae. Looking around she hoped that whoever had done this to him wasn’t laying in wait.

“I have not been bitten, this isn’t a TV show. I can change whenever I want not just on full moons. This is who I am not a curse.” Rolling his eyes he couldn’t believe some of the things that came out of Thea’s mouth.

“What do you mean that this is who you are?” Thea was starting to feel a chill run over her skin. None of this seemed real.

“I am a wolf. No curse or sire. It isn’t possible to make a wolf by biting someone, that’s just in movies.”

“So you are like Jacob from twilight, did you just come into your wolf? Are there dangerous vampires around?” Standing up and pacing back and forth Thea thought about what this could all mean. Were some horrible vampires forcing all the boys to turn into wolves to save us?

“Thea you have got to stop watching movies. I am not like Jacob and not just because I am better looking.” Brae smiled shaking his head. Thea seemed to be jumping from one movie to another.

“Then what Brae?”

“I was born a Wolf, I can change whenever I want. Our little town is home to one of the largest packs in the north.”

“You were born a wolf.” Thea made a face.

“No I was born human Thea. I’m not explaining very well.” Brae caught her hands and tried to pull her back down.