Chapter 7

As they walked into the diner Thea let go of any of her bad feelings involving Brae. The feelings Thea was feeling for him were just because they hadn’t seen each other in a while.

They couldn’t possibly real feelings, they had never thought that way about each other. It would be weird if they ever go together, wouldn’t it.

Looking over at Nathan Thea realized it was wrong to think about another guy when on a date. He was dressed in jeans and a dress shirt. He looked really good tonight and had even done his hair.

He was looking all nice and probably really excited to go on a date. Feeling guilty Thea promised herself she wouldn’t think about Brae again.

Sitting down Thea realized she didn’t know what to order. Does she order a salad so she won’t look like a pig? Hearing her own stomach rumbling she new that wasn’t going to work.

Thea wondered if she should just order what she really wanted; which was a big burger with no veggies and lots of fries covered in ketchup. She wasn’t sure if you were supposed to eat like that on a first date.

All of Brae’s girlfriends ate salads; Thea didn’t know when she lost all of her confidence. She always ate what she wanted. Could Thea order desert, she loved desert. Sometimes her and Brae would order desert before dinner.

Thea was kicking herself that she hadn’t asked Wynn before on what to do. Thinking about it she decided Nathan had asked her out not another girl. It’s probably better to always be yourself on a date.

“Hello, earth to Thea, what are you going to order” Nathan said smiling from across the table.

Thea noticed the girl standing by the table ready to take their order was one of Brae’s ex girlfriends. Right now she was busy checking Nathan out.

“Umm, Ill have a burger and Fries, with no lettuce, tomato, pickles or onions.” Thea rushed out taking a deep breath she looked over at Nathan to see him frowning at her.

“Are you going to be able to eat all of that, you know its not good for you right, its full of fat” Nathan told me with a disapproving look in his eyes, and a frown.

Thea felt like she had already messed up in some way. Maybe he was a vegetarian or something. As a date she should be able to respect that.

“You are right I’ll just have the house salad,” Thea said seeing a big smile break out on Nathan’s face. Thea guessed this was to his approval. Oh well she guessed their was always desert and food at the party.

“For me I’ll have the double bacon burger, and onion rings instead of fries.” Nathan said handing the waitress our menus.

Thea couldn’t believe her ears. So he defiantly was not a vegetarian. Thae guessed he was one of those guys that didn’t like girls to eat. Thea could do that, hearing her stomach rumble again she wasn’t so sure.

The date just started and Thea was already up to a bad start. She ordered the wrong thing, now she didn’t know what to say. Looking at Nathan, Thea tried to figure out what to do.