Chapter 8

Arriving at the party filled Thea with an overwhelming relief. If she had to listen to one more football stat she would of jumped out of the car.

Thea knew that Nathan must have been extremely nervous tonight and that was why he was acting so weird. First dates can do that to a person.

She knew that she hadn’t known Nathan for very long but she was sure he didn’t mean half the things he was doing. He was just coming across wrong.

“Would you like a drink” Nathan asked taking Thea’s coat and throwing it into the closet.

“Sure nothing to strong though, one drink and I can feel it.” Thea had always been a lightweight. She was sure it was because of how small she was.

“I’ll find you something, why don’t you wait for me by Wynn.” Nathan said pointing across the dance floor towards Wynn and a couple other girls.

“Sure see you in a bit” Thea said weaving her way through the crowd. The music was extremely loud in the house.

“Theeeea you are here” Wynn slurred at her, clearly buzzed.

Giggling at Wynn’s happy face “Wynn what are you drinking.” Thea said grabbing her cup and downing half. It couldn’t hurt and maybe it would help her forget how hungry she was.

“I don’t know, I have a cup, James bring me more I drink.” Wynn mumbled out trying to explain.

Thea loved the way drunk people explained things. Usually she was the responsible one. Wynn, Brae and James would all drink while she supervised and made sure no one wandered away.

Tonight Thea couldn’t describe what she was feeling. She did know she did not want to be on this side of Wynn’s mood. For once she was going to drink and have fun.

Seeing Nathan return with her drink she grabbed it and gulped a big sip. All she could feel was the burn of the alcohol as it went down.

Coughing a little her eyes started to water. “What was in this?” Thea said taking a smaller safer sip.

“It’s a tequila sunrise.” Nathan told her taking a drink of his own.

Thea had the suspicion this drink was more alcohol then sunrise. Not caring at the moment she gulped another large sip.

It did taste better the third time. “I need more Nathan, all gone.” Thea tried to tell Nathan as he was talking to someone else.

“Ok I’ll get you another then you are on your own. Ok I want to talk to a few of my friends and I don’t want to have to get you drinks.” Nathan said walking away with her cup.

“He sounds like a jack o ass,” Wynn said from beside her, looking off at Nathans back.