Chapter 26

Author's Note

I am really sorry to all of my readers. I will try very hard to never have a gap like this one happen again. Hope you all have enjoyed reading so far and will continue to enjoy reading. 

Please Vote/Comment and let me know what you think. 

***********************************************************************************************************

Walking downstairs had been the hardest thing Thea could think of. Knowing that everyone including Brae’s parents thought that they were sleeping together had been too much. Leaving had seemed the right thing to do at the moment. Thea needed some time to think…Alone.

Walking into her house she heard her father humming. She felt overwhelmed with emotions today and really only wanted to go back to being a little girl with her father.

Everything had been a lot more simple back then. There was no guys turning into wolves. No guy issues at all. She was just happy playing with not a care in the world.

“Hey Sunshine how are you feeling?”

“Not good dad, I just woke up and already I am tired again.” Thea walked over curling herself in her fathers hug.

“Where is your sidekick? I thought you guys are attached at the hip.”

“If you mean Brae, hopefully at his house.” Thea said grumpily she knew it wasn’t fair but she did need to think for real.

The doctor had reminded her that she was no longer herself and he did that to her. Yes she understood that she would of died if he hadn’t marked her or whatever but still. Was this new stuff any better? Now she was starting to sound depressing even to her own ears.

“Oh are you guys fighting again? Is he outside moping around?”

“No he is fine we don’t always need to be together Dad.”

Groaning she headed in the family room for some much needed normalcy.

Flicking through the channels not really that interested in watching anything anyways she allowed herself to become fully in tune with her thoughts. Settling on one channel she let the flickering lights and noise settle over her as she thought about her new predicament.  

The doctor had said something about there being changes or abilities that she was forming. She hoped that did not mean she would turn into a wolf.

There where other things though that she had to admit where different. The main one being that right now she new that Brae had just finished looking through the window before turning around and heading into the woods.

How she knew that she did not understand. All she knew was that she could almost feel him moving rather slowly around trees. She knew he was on foot and hadn’t shifted.

Sinking further into her head Thea tried to see what else she could do. In her mind Thea felt a slight wall almost like there was something blocking her for a minute. Pushing it with her mind she tried to move it.

Laughing Thea opened her eyes she was starting to sound crazy. There was nothing in her mind. She was letting the weird doctor and all this wolf stuff get to her.

Looking around she settled back into the couch. She really missed Brae. That was another problem with this whole Mate stuff. Her feelings for Brae were extremely strong and growing by the second. It was getting very inconvenient with the feelings and thoughts moving through her head.

When they were together it was worse there was a physical pain when she wasn’t touching him. Thea couldn’t imagine how Brae survived all this time if it was true he felt like this all along. How could he have snuggled up to her and not let his feelings completely overwhelm him.

How he watched her with another guy was beyond her? Had the other guy in his car. When just thinking of Brae with someone else was making her sick. No wonder Joanna had gotten so upset. Everything was starting to make sense now and Thea did not appreciate being lied to by everyone.

Gasping Thea tuned back in to her surroundings when a loud growl had come from the TV. Looking towards it and finally focusing on what she had actually put on. Laughing she watched as Jacob turned into a wolf. Of all the shows on TV she had settled on Twilight. Watching Jacobs body brought back when Brae had turned. Replaying it in her head, smiling Brae was much hotter then Jacob.

Maybe now that everything was out she could ask Brae to do it again for her. Smiling at her new slowly forming dirty thoughts she quickly jumped up to go find him.

Walking a couple of steps Thea fell to the ground. Gasping as tears started running down her cheeks she grabbed at her stomach. She had never been in this much pain before. It felt like it was completely taking over her mind and buzzing through her. Shouting in her head all she could think was Brae. Trying to make a sound she found she couldn’t say anything. Falling completely to the floor she felt her body start to sweat as she started to shake.

Trying to look around through her tears she saw almost in slow motion her father run to her side. She could tell he was talking but Thea couldn’t hear a sound. Trying to stay alert she saw her father jump up and rush out of the room.

Closing her eyes she could feel herself falling back into her mind. It felt like her mind was searching for something. She could feel herself losing conscious.

Trying to open her eyes she saw the doctor rushing into the room and dropping down beside her. Focusing on a new noise Thea couldn’t make out where it was coming from. It felt like it was coming from within her. Trying to hold on to it, Thea felt it drifting away as everything around her went black.