Chapter 14

Shaking the feeling away she ran over to Brae and collapsed in his arms. Looking shocked Brae grunted as her full weight fell against him.

“What’s wrong doll, why are you upset?" Brae said rubbing circles on her back.

Sighing Thea felt instantly better now that she was in his arms. A warm feeling slowly spread throughout her body. “It was Nathan he tried and said.” Thea tried to get out but she was still shaking to bad.

“What did Nathan do, where is he.” Brae jumped up off the couch and started storming into the house.

“No Brae come back I am ok.” Thea tried unsuccessfully to call him back. It was too late though as she watched him slam through the kitchen.

Running to catch up Thea hopped she could catch him before he did something he would regret.

Hearing a loud boom Thea ran towards the living room where all the sounds where coming from.

As she reached the room first sight showed that she was already to late. There in the center of the room was Brae and Nathan fighting. Watching Nathan reach up and punch Brae right in the face Thea winced as she raced over.

“Stop right now, Brae let go.” Thea yelled as she helped James peel them apart. Standing with her hands on Brae’s chest she looked between the two. By the looks of it Brae had won the little fight, as Nathans face looked the worse.

“Let me go Thea, I…” Brae threatened looking Nathan straight in the eyes. Brae had never been as mad as he was right now and he felt like he was ready to kill.

“Brae please Nathan is not worth it. Please can you just take me home.” Thea begged to Brae who looked down at her quickly shaking his head and looking away.

“Brae would you like us to take out this trash.” Conner the owner of the house asked Brae.

Nodding his head Brae turned away and grabbed Thea by the arm pulling her out the back.

“No Brae don’t let them hurt him, he really didn’t do anything.” Thea said trying to go back worried about what everyone was doing to Nathan.

“He needs to learn respect Thea. He should know better even if he is not one of us.” Brae said leading her outside to the side of the house where he parked his car earlier.

“What do you mean one of us, we are not a cult Brae.” Thea said still trying to fight against his hold on her. He wasn’t hurting her but he was stronger.

Stopping suddenly Thea ran into the back of Brae as he turned around and looked at her.

“I promise you they will not hurt him. Anymore then he already is that is.” Brae said looking at her closely.

“Fine lets go.” Thea said giving up, if Brae promised then she trusted him. Getting into the truck Thea hopped that Brae would calm down. She could tell he was still extremely upset, as his eyes were the darkest shade of black.