Chapter 3

Walking into the house Thea dropped everything at the door and headed upstairs to change before going straight over to Brae’s. Deciding it was probably best to wear comfortable clothing since she would be probably sitting and ignoring Brae for a while.

Pulling on her favourite shirt, which just happened to be Brae’s favourite shirt that he had been looking for. It wouldn’t hurt to rub it in a little.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself Thea headed over to Brae’s house. Walking into the house through the library she could hear Joanna singing.

Smiling widely… that could only mean one thing: Joanna was baking.

“Happy baking, what is it today, chocolate cake” Thea said with a hopeful smile. Chocolate cake had always been her favourite.

“No, you take your hands off little missy, you have a pouting boy upstairs” Joanna said shaking her finger.

“What its not my fault, Brae is being really unreasonable” Thea mumbled, leaning up against the counter she looked up at Joanna.

“Yes I heard all about what went down. Don’t you know at all why he’s upset Thea?” Joanna said looking deep in Thea’s eyes. It was almost like she was searching for something.

Thea couldn’t understand what was up with people. First Wynn reaction had been a little off now this.

Looking confused, she tried to figure out what she was missing. Running it back through her head she was still coming up blank.

“He’s upset because he doesn’t want to share me, its unreasonable, he dates” Thea mumbled. She still didn’t understand what the big deal was.

“You don’t feel it do you” Joanna said almost to herself. Thea didn’t think Joanna really wanted an answer, she had a faraway look in her eyes like she was deep in thought, “strange very strange”

“What’s strange? What don’t I feel” Thea was starting to get really upset trying to understand what was really going on.

Thea felt like there was a big mystery that everyone already knew and she wasn’t even close. If Brae wasn’t upset because he didn’t want to share her why was he.

“What…Oh…Nothing” Joanna said turning away quickly. She started to clean up before she turned back to her.

“Please Joanna, tell me, what am I missing here.” Thea said almost a little desperately she really did want to know.

“I think Thea it would be best if you guys spent a little time apart. You guys have been with each other everyday for so long. I think you both need a little fresh air to yourselves… then hopefully you’ll see” Joanna mumbled the last part out.  

“What?” A sudden fear and sadness came over Thea, “Are you mad at me.” She couldn’t understand why Joanna would say any of this. “See what, please”

Thea didn’t know what she would do if she couldn’t see any of them. Joanna was like a mother to her. If she lost that it would unbearable not to mention the pain of not seeing

Brae.

What was this big secret all about, it had to be something big.  

“No, sweetheart not at all,” Joanna said as she rushed over she held Thea in her arms’ giving her a hug. “You will understand this one day, but I am not mad at you. This isn’t your fault at all, it’s just a very different situation.”

The words reassured Thea but she still felt tears welling up in her eyes. Her confusion over everything that was happening was only getting worse.

If it was between dating and Brae; she would pick Brae in a heartbeat. For some reason though Thea had this voice in her head saying it was about more then that.

Looking up at Joanna she had to trust that she was right. Thea knew Joanna would never do anything to hurt her. With one last look into the rest of the house, Thea walked out.

She couldn’t help the whimper that escaped as she walked back towards her house.

Walking into the house she went straight up stairs, trying not to cry she needed a distraction.

Opening up her computer she started looking through the social media getting lost in other peoples lives and problems.

People really will type just about anything on here. Getting bored fast, this isn’t what Thea really wanted, what she really wanted was one house over probably eating chocolate cake.

Throwing her computer aside she started to pace, Thea wished she had homework or something to keep her occupied, anything really.

Hearing a bing coming from the computer. Someone was trying to talk to her.

“Please be Brae…Please be Brae.”

Opening the computer she saw it was only a friend request. Smiling she read that it was from Nathan; she clicked confirm. Just what she needed a distraction.

Thea Hale

You found your way home; I was worried you would get lost again. Maybe walk right out of town.

Nathan Law

I wasn’t lost I liked walking you home. It was all part of my plan.

Thea Hale

What plan?

Nathan Law

To meet you

Feeling my cheeks burn I didn’t know what to say. He wanted to meet me what did that mean. Could she ask him or would that be too desperate.

She wished her sister Chantal was here; she was great talking to boys. She would know exactly what to say.

Thea Hale

How did you like your first day? Where did you say you were from?

Nathan Law

My first day turned out better then I ever expected. I am from California. We moved here because this is where my dad is from.

Thea Hale

I’m glad you had a good first day.

Nathan Law

Do you always walk to and from school?

Thea Hale

No not usually but I will be doing it for a while.

Thinking about the fact I would be driving to and from school made a fresh wave of sadness hit. Thea hoped this space wouldn’t last long.

Thea heard her dad call her for dinner. She hadn’t even realized he had gotten home.

I have to go…dinner. See you tomorrow at school.

Closing the computer she rushed downstairs. Thea hadn’t realized how hungry she was. She guessed not eating all day because you miss your best friend could do that to you.

Even with the space she had agreed to Thea hoped Brae was at school tomorrow. That way she would be able to see him even if they didn’t talk.

Sighing Thea thought of how horribly wrong a day could go from morning to night.

***** 

Authors note:

I hope you are enjoying it so far. Please comment and let me know what you think.