1. Look for the light.

(REWRITE)001

(REWRITE)
001

The night had come quick and the chilly breeze flew in the barn. Glenn had just left a note for Maggie to meet in the barn, unknowing what he'd find in there. He tried opening the doors from the front, but it was locked. He walked up the steps, each stair creaked as he stepped on it. The door opened, but there was no lock.

A smile lit up on his face, "Well this is different for sure." Glenn had this thing planned out. He was ready, and hopefully Maggie was too. In his arms, were two towels and a flashlight in his hands. A putrid smell wafts through the air. Glenn began sniffing the towels, then himself, thinking of the most reasonable things.

The cries of a small child were then heard. "Sophia? Is that you?" he called out, hoping the little girl the group had been spending days to find was in here. No reply.

He shined his flashlight around, revealing a tiny girl with brunette hair and a pink top. She was definitely not Sophia. "Holy shit," Glenn muttered under his breath.

Glenn crouched down and slightly shook the kid, "Hey, hey. You're okay." It wasn't her who smelled either. The girl sobbed in her arms, not even looking up at the voice talking to her. Glenn got up, and shined his light at a few other spots. Then finally, he saw the smell he'd been getting. A herd of walkers in the barn, snarling and groaning. "Holy shit!" he said once again.

He swiftly picked up the girl and ran off in one quick move. Why were there walkers in the barn? And this little girl? What had the Greene family been hiding from them?

"Glenn you weren't supposed to– who is that?" Maggie raised a brow, panting.

"I don't know. I saw her in the barn full of walkers. I just picked her up and ran I couldn't leave her there, she was sobbing and it all happened so fast!" he shouted worriedly as he still held onto her.

Maggie lightened her tone, "Ya can't tell anyone about this, please. Just say she was wanderin' around and collapsed as soon as we found her."

"Okay. Well, I'll let 'er sleep inside. She looks real young. We'll tell them in the mornin'," she offered. Glenn agreed, carefully handing the girl.

He frowned, "Must be starving. Make sure she eats as soon as she wakes up." He then puts his hands in his pockets awkwardly. They walk back together, Glenn only walking her to the door. Everyone seemed to be fast asleep.

Maggie quietly opens the front door, heading to her room. "Maggie?" Beth calls out. "Whose that?" she furrowed her eyebrows at the young girl.

"I'll explain it to everyone tomorrow, get some rest," Maggie replies in a hurried tone. She then walks away, giving Beth no time to answer back.