16. Leave it in the past.

016

016

The girl sat on the table, drawing quietly. Ella had been outgrowing her clothes lately, she needed some new ones. She was trying to draw the cat Michonne had found, Evelynn was right. Ella loved it, she thought it was weirdly pretty. Rick, Daryl, and Hershel went to talk to the governor. They had set up some arrangements.

"When can I play outside?" she asked, looking up at carol who was tidying stuff up.

"You can go, take someone with you though." carol replied, ella nodding her head. She didn't know who to take, basically everyone was busy. Ella got up, went over to Beth.

"Beth?" Ella walked over to Beth's room. She was with Judith, feeding her.

"Hey! What's up?" she replied.

"Can you come outside with me?" ella asked, hoping she'd say yes.

"Aw, I can't. Gotta take care of the baby and she might attract walkers from her cryin'." beth answered, ella was disappointed.

She walked away, draaging her feet and decided to go out anyway. She'd be okay, right? She was able to get a new knife so she could protect herself still. Ella walked outside, everyone was inside or somewhere around the prison prepping incase anything might happen while Rick was away. With all the guns and ammo they had, Ella hadn't worried much about the war.

Ella crouched down, picking up a small little caterpillar. It was fluffy with a white stripe going down its body. Ella put her hand closer to her face to get a closer look of the small little bug. She smiled as it wiggled around, tickling her hand. Ella carefully placed it down back in the grass. She sighed, there wasn't much else to do out there or inside.

Ella just sat on the ground, thinking. She was wishing she had a soccer ball, she used to play. Ella was never on an actual team but, when her father finally decided to be a dad for once they'd play together. Sometimes she'd play with Caleb as well. Ella had gotten better over the years but, all that time not playing it much she probably wasn't that good anymore.

Ella wanted there to be someone her age, evelynn and carl were both 13 and judith was just a little baby. She turned around from the noise of the door, It was Glenn. "Hey, Maggie wants you inside." he said. Ella sighed, getting up and dusting herself off. Glenn walked off to who knows where and Ella just listened and went inside.

"Hey sunshine. I need ya to stay in here, alright?" maggie said. Guns and ammo were scattered on the table. They were making sure every single gun they had had enough ammo incase anything happened. Ella nodded her head and went over in the cellblock.