28. Shitty Sanctuary.

028

028

The group is now following the train tracks which led to terminus. Ella felt relieved that she was with Maggie again and that they were going to a safe place to stay. Although, the girl still missed the prison and everyone else, especially Hershel.

There were only a few miles left till they got to their destination. Ella watched as the blue sky slowly decreased as they approached a tall building with the letters "TERMINUS" written on the windows.

Ella's lips upturned into a gentle smile. They were there. They were finally at terminus. Glenn swiftly walked ahead of them toward the gate. The girl felt relieved, she could finally feel safe again. At least that's what she thought.

Glenn took the chains off the gate and the group walked in. They had their guns cocked and ready to shoot if anything. As they slowly separated, looking around in every direction, Ella stayed behind Glenn. She held onto the straps of his orange backpack.

Once again, they reached another gate. It was rusty. The group had put their guns down after seeing colorful plants that were well taken care of and the smell of food being cooked.

Slowly, they walked toward the smell, now seeing a woman at a grill. She had auburn hair that was wavy and put into a braid.

"Hi. I'm Mary," she smiled, introducing herself. "Looks like you've been on the road a while."

Maggie replied, "We have."

"Then let's get you settled and we'll make you a plate. Welcome to Terminus. Follow me," Mary gave them a stiff nod.

Ella tilted her head up looking at Maggie. She gave the young girl a stiff nod as well, in a way of saying 'It's okay.'

They followed the lady, reaching a red storage container. "This is where you'll stay," Mary stated. She still had that friendly smile on her face, but now it was getting quite creepy.

"This is normal?" asked Sasha. Her tone was unsure.

Mary nodded, "Very much. The train would cross here so we have lots of people staying in these."

Ella's eyebrow quirked up. She didn't see many other people which was weird. "Go on in and get comfortable. I'll get you guys food," Mary insisted.

The group gave in, walking up the steps into the dark of the container. The last one to walk in was Glenn.

He turned around, "Hey. Don't you think this container is a little-" The door slammed shut and keys jingled to lock it. "Shit. Seriously?" Glenn rushed toward the door banging his gun on it.

"If you leave, my people will kill you," Mary threatened.

Abraham walked over, "Well shit. Now we're stuck in here."

"We can't just find a way out?" Tara asked with worry in her voice. Panic rose in the air.

Bob responded, "It's no use. It's dark and these were made to store oil and boxes, not for humans to live in. We could only get out if they open the door."