9. Constellations.

009

009

Everyone went back to check on hershel in hopes he'd wake up soon. He was cuffed onto the bed, just incase something might happen. Everybody stared at him. A door creeked open and closed, footsteps approaching. Glenn looked over at Carl who was walking over with a bag.

"I thought you were organizing the food." glenn said in confusion. "Even better." carl smiled. "Check it out." he placed the bag down on the floor. zipping it open. It was filled with medical supplies perfect for hershel's recovery. "Where did you get this?" carol gasped.

"From the infirmary. Wasn't much left, but I cleared it out." He replied proudly. The girls rummaged through the bag, it was just what they needed or what hershel needed.

"You went by yourself?" lori asked

"No. I went with evelynn." he said, as evelynn walked in.

"Are you two crazy?" lori said, worriedly.

"No big deal. We killed two walkers."

"You- Alright, do you see this. This was with the whole group."

"We needed supplies, so we got them."

"I appreciate that but-" lori slowly raised her voice.

"Then get off my back!" he interrupted her.

"Carl! She's your mother. You can't talk to her like that." Beth scolded him, defending lori.

"Listen I think its great that you wanna help-" lori cuts herself off. Carl just ran off, evelynn ran after him shouting out his name. Ella walked over to them as well. He ran up the stairs.

"Carl- your moms right it was dangerous but we made it out." evelynn said, comforting him. They were sitting on the floor. Ella silently tiptoed near the cell, listening in. "She just cares about you. She doesn't want anything happening to you." Evelynn continued.

Carl stayed silent for a bit. "I just wanted to help." he mumbled.

"You did, let's just leave it to the adults next time, okay?" Evelynn nodded her head. He gives her a hug, "Thanks." he said. Evelynn smiles, hugging him back.

Ella decided to leave the two alone. She thought, everyone had a little duo. Carl and Ev were a duo, carol and daryl, glenn and maggie. She wanted a duo with someone too but they've all been with eachother longer. Ella sat down on one of the steps. Carl and evelynn went back down into the cell where Hershel was. A couple minutes later, Glenn and Carol walked outside somewhere. She just sat there, thinking. What would happen if Hershel died? Another funeral? Ella wasn't prepared for any of this.