24. The Archer.

024‧₊˚ ୨୧ ˚₊

024
‧₊˚ ୨୧ ˚

Maggie had asked Ella if she could help by the fence with the walkers, and of course, she agreed. The herd of walkers over there got bigger each hour. More and more just continued pouring in. But at least Ella had something to do later on.

Whenever Ella is asked to help, she does her best. This is so she'd be able to do it again and not be doing nothing all day. Her job was probably to bang on the fence to spread them out. Them being in all in one place and their weight was pushing the fence down. The group had put up logs to keep it from falling but, Ella's afraid one day it wouldn't be enough.

A couple of days ago or so, Rick had brought the car out and released every pig to the walkers. It led them away and gave a couple of people a day or two of a break, but they just kept coming. There wasn't a way to stop the walkers unless they machine-gunned them down. Ella was a bit upset at him because she liked the pigs. She thought they were super cute. Though she knew they were bound to be food for the prison one day. Then, they ended up being walker food.

The young girl sat on the floor with her back against the wall. Ella twisted her mouth. She fidgeted with the zipper of her jacket. It was purple-ish or blue-ish with stars and planets. It was just a little something Rick had found on a run a while back.

"El, honey, come on. I'll need your help now," Maggie walks in, gesturing Ella over. She nods her head and follows Maggie outside. Maggie had a smile on her face the whole time. It was like she was excited. But for what?

Maggie picked up her own stick. Thin and long enough to fit through the fence and kill walkers, but thick enough and strong to work well.

"You know I trust you, right?" Maggie questions and Ella nods in confusion. "I know you've been waiting, so here," Maggie grins, handing Ella her very own bow and arrow.

Ella's eyes lit up, "This is for me?"

"It's all yours."

She smiled widely and gently took the kind offer. "Thank you!" she beamed. It was as if she found out there'd be a meteor shower near the prison. There wasn't a word to describe her excitement.

"Okay, okay. Now we've got a' clear the walkers. Take that nice jacket off, I don't want it gettin' dirty, I know it's your favorite," Maggie insisted. Ella followed and put her jacket down over by the weapon bin, as well as her bow and arrow. She only had to use a stick and she wasn't that skilled in archery yet. Before starting, Ella tied a bandanna on her face in case the walkers had the sickness too.

After a couple of minutes of clearing out walkers and spreading them out a bit, there was a bit of blood splattered on Ella's clothes, and Maggie too. All those walkers were Ella's first kills. She was a bit tense and her form wasn't the best.