27. Terminus.

027

027

When Ella woke up to gunshots and snarls. She felt startled, so she hurriedly stood up. Walkers surrounded the group. The group all accurately shot at them and the walkers dropped dead on the ground. Eleanor's eyes were full of worry.

A weird sound came from under the truck. Like water pouring onto the ground.

"Son of a dick," said Abraham crouching down, seeing a gas spill. Tara helped Eleanor down.

Glenn asked, "You alright, ladybug?" Ella nodded her head quietly.

Abraham lay on the dead grass, trying to fix the leak. Ella stood near the pretty woman, Rosita. Glenn was in a bit of a mood, he stood distant from everyone else.

"Is he your dad?" Rosita asked, referring to Glenn.

Ella smiled and looked at her funny. Was she joking? When she looked at Rosita, her face was filled with genuine curiosity. "No, he isn't." Tara stared at the two.

"So... what is he to you?" the woman questioned. That question made Ella think real hard. She didn't know how to reply. What was Glenn to her? She never thought about it until now. "It's alright, you don't have to answer," Rosita smiled at the kid.

Glenn finally walked toward them. He had his bag ready, he had Ella's too. He helped the girl put it on her back. He handed Abraham, the muscular man who had ginger hair his gun back.

"Sorry about your ride, hope you guys make it to Washington," Glenn said, nudging Ella to follow him.

"Are we leaving?" she asked him as she was a bit puzzled. He responded with a stiff nod and continued walking fast. "Wait, wait! What about them?" Ella ran to catch up to him.

He stopped, "Do you wanna find Maggie or not?" His voice was rushed and he sounded frustrated, and a bit sad too.

"Mhm," she mumbled with a frown. Glenn has never really been like that with Ella. He's usually always patient and calm but now? Now that he didn't have Maggie near him and was surrounded by strangers. Maybe he's just stressed, Ella thought as she walked behind him. Tara caught up to them, and then Rosita followed. Next, Abraham and Eugene followed with all their stuff.

The heat was killing Ella. Although she took her jacket off and only had a shirt and pants on, she was still burning. Her feet hurt from walking so much but she had gotten used to it. Ella walked beside Glenn, trying her best to keep up as he was far ahead of the group.