7. Back to square one.

007

007

Ella was asleep in the back of the car lying down. She was wearing a purple tanktop with some jeans and luckily a jacket. Her once sparkly pink shoes were completely worn out, splatters of blood and dirt. It was morning the light was already out, they've been driving for awhile. Maggie killed out the silence "Oh my god" she said repeatedly.

"Alright, lets just- lets just circle back to the highway." glenn said.

"Did you see my dad? Did- did he make it?" maggie questioned in a shakey voice, trying to keep herself together.

"I couldn't see anything." glenn said quietly, trying to stay calm.

"And beth- I lost beth. We've gotta go back there." maggie begged

"We can't go back, okay? There's nothing to go back to."

"But beth-"

"I- I think she was with Lori." he stammered

"did they make it?"

"I don't know."

"patricia? jimmy? what if they didn't make it? what if nobody made it?" maggie said. you could hear the pain and fear in her voice.

"They made it, okay? They had to. Alright, lets just circle around to the highway where we left supplies for Sophia."

"No. The herd came from that direction."

"Just stop. Stop the car." maggie pulls over, sniffling. Glenn got out the car to drive. Maggie looked back at ella then started sobbing, which woke her up. Ella stayed silent; just listening.

"Hey hey hey hey, maggie, look at me. look at me hey, were alive. We made it.Okay? I'm sure they are too. Right?" he paused, maggie nodded her head still sobbing silently. "I love you. Maggie, I love you. I should've said this a long time ago and its been true for a long time. We're gonna be alright, okay? We'll be alright." maggie smiled softly at him, still with tears in her eyes.

"okay. yeah." maggie nods. Glenn starts driving again. Ella stared at the empty road. She was so used to seeing busy traffic, her mother, brother and her constantly going from house to house every few days. She felt weird, Ella knew she'd have to tell the group about her father sooner or later. Or maybe even never, he might've been dead by now but who knows?

They pull into the highway, reuniting with everybody. Maggie ran to her father along with beth and lori ran to carl. Ella didn't have anyone to run to, she just stuck beside glenn. She was relieved to see everyone, alive atleast. Ella looked up at glenn who was staring at Maggie, then she looked back at her shoes.