18. Down falls the governor.

018

018

Thirteen. There were exactly thirteen steps on the stairs, Ella counted back and forth. If you were to go up and back down you'd be climbing and going down 26 steps. A few of them made a noise when you step on them, alerting someone that there's somebody on the stairs. Ella kept going down and up, listening to the noise so she was able to know whether someone was going up, or downstairs and what step they were on.

The girl began to get tired. She sat on the steps, blowing out a sigh. The adults were talking right outside. She pretended to mind her own business. She was trying to listen to the plan Rick had because the governor was probably on his way right now. It was hard to tell what they were saying, Rick was being a bit quiet. Ella stared at her shoes, doing nothing but think and listen to them.

Supposedly, the governor wanted Michonne probably for stabbing him in the eye and killing his zombified daughter but he deserved it. He's a creep and a total psycho. Rick sent Merle to take her there and they did leave but, Merle sent Michonne back. He tried to kill the governor and sadly failed. Now the governor was probably even more pissed and there would be no ability for a truce now. Carl and Evelynn were probably listening to the plan as well. It's not like Ella wasn't allowed to but Maggie wanted to keep her out of it.

As soon as the adults finished talking, Maggie went over to her. "Sunshine, go pack please."

"What, why? Are we leaving? I don't want to." Ella's eyebrows snapped together.

"No, just pack," she replied firmly.

"But-"

"Eleanor Pierce. Go pack, I'll explain later." she interrupted the girl, crossing her arms. Ella got up and went to pack, pouting. She felt a bit angry, "Why are we leaving if we have all this ammo? Why'd she call me my full name?" she thought, roughly putting everything in her backpack. Ella has only been called Eleanor a few times. When her parents were mad at her or when it was called out for attendance in class. Other than that, it's always been Ella or El. And Pierce, Pierce isn't her real last name except Sarah, her mother registers it as her last name. Ella never remembered her real last name but, she never cared much about it.

Evelynn and Carl were packed up too, everyone was. "Where are we goin'? I don't wanna leave." Ella questioned, walking up to Evelynn as she dragged her backpack on the ground.

"Hiding out in the woods with Hershel, Carl, Beth, and Judith. Woodbury's coming." she shrugged. Ella raised her eyes in realization. "They wanna make it look like we aren't here or we're hiding. Something like that." Evelynn twisted her mouth. Ella was confused about why Maggie couldn't just say so but, she followed Evelynn to the car putting her bag in the trunk. The trunk was stuffed by the time.