15. Back to the old house.

015

015

Carl, Evelynn, Rick, and Michonne. The 4 of them we're on a run, for guns, weapons, anything that'd help them. Carl and Evelynn didn't ask to go, Rick wanted them to. They took the small grey car, Michonne behind the wheel.

"Hey!" a voice shouting. Hey! Slow down! Slow down! Slow- I'm begging you!!" It was a man, alone. He needed and wanted help. The man ran toward them but they just drove past him like nothing. Carl and Evelynn looked back but they stayed silent. They knew Rick couldn't trust anyone else right now. It could have been a trap.

They started slowing down since there was cars blocking the road, a wrecked sight. It looked like a car crash and they didn't make it. Michonne went over to the side, driving slowly but got stuck. Walkers came straight up to the car, snarling, trying to get in, scratching on the windows.

"Cover your ears." Rick told the kids, they both listen and do so. Michonne did as well, rick too. He shot a walker, killed the rest and they all stepped out the car. The car was stuck in the mud.

"Yeah, this'll work." rick said, taking a few pieces of cloth from a suitcase.

"Tell me when." Michonne went back inside the car, Evelynn following. Rick picked up a few sticks, placed it under the wheel. Evelynn and Michonne listened into their little conversation, staying silent. Carl didn't want Michonne there, for leaving them alone at Woodbury and Oscar dying in the process. 

"Hey! Help me! I'm begging you! Don't leave!" It was the same man, running up the road begging for help. "Please! Don't leave!" he yelled and yelled, still running but he wouldn't get by in time. Michonne started the car, managing to get the car unstuck. The two boys went back inside quickly and they left the man once again.

When they got there, it was the old town. Carl and Evelynn lived around here. They went over to the sheriff's station and everything was just gone. Rick kicked the wall in frustration, the other 3 looking around. It was a small town, there wasn't gonna be another police station but there are a few places to check, atleast that's what Rick said. Evelynn wanted to check her house, see if her mother had been waiting for her.

The small group followed arrows that pointed toward a certain direction. While they were walking they paused, seeing burned walkers, staring at it. After taking a minute, they continued to walk. As the group followed the little arrows, they saw something weird, dangerous even. Rick, carl, evelynn, pulled out their handgun, michonne ready to take her sword out. The place looked booby trapped, for walkers. They all looked around, there were animals in cages, skateboards. They started carefully walking through it, making sure they dont mess anything up or even die in the process. They went under a string, carl pointing to a walker behind them. Michonne heading toward it.