21. Hurt people, hurt people.

021

021

(KEEP IN MIND THIS IS WRITTEN IN ELLA'S POV/FIRST PERSON.)

(This is after Karen and David's death.)

In the apocalypse, you'd have to admit you can't imagine any other way of being killed. You die from walkers or humans but now this sickness is killing us. I hated it, I couldn't see Maggie or Caleb and they were always busy. I hated being stuck here, it gave me bad vibes. And being surrounded by kids mostly older than me. The thing about being stuck here is, that I'm stuck here with Aiden too.

Speaking of Aiden, he'd been calling me mean nicknames. He's been calling me scar girl because when I almost fell up at the guard tower, I was scratched near my lip. Maggie says it makes me look brave but I think it makes me look ugly. I try not to be too bothered by it, but I am. He also called me 'Eleanor' which he knew I hated. I'll admit, I've called him mean stuff too but only because he does it to me first. Maggie told me to ignore him and that he was just a bully, but how could I ignore him? He's everywhere. I've tried to be nice to him but he just was too mean. I want to understand him, I really do. But it's hard, he's horrible. He's horrible for no reason. I thought maybe because he was hurt or insecure, but no. I knew Carl became a bit sweeter after his mom died. But Aiden is just straight-up rude.

Anyway, I had my own little corner with Mika and Lizzie. Evelynn and Carl were taking care of Judith somewhere or trying to leave, I played with cards alone. I wasn't a pro like Mika is, but it was fun to play. The two sisters were probably playing around or helping Carol. I felt bad since they'd recently lost their dad. Their dad was pretty cool, once he gave me and Mika piggyback rides and ran around a bit.

Karen was dead too. And David. Nobody knows how but Tyreese was really upset about it. I felt a bit bad, I know he loved Karen. She was nice, I liked her. David was pretty cool. Though, I never talked to him. Apparently, they'd been stabbed and burned to death. They were sick too, that must have been an awfully slow, painful death.

I shivered at the thought of their burnt bodies on the floor. I wanted to go see Maggie. I had no idea where she'd be, but I left to go see. My cards were left on the floor, as well as my jacket. All I was bringing was a rocketship Maggie and Glenn had found me on a run. I really liked it because well, it was a rocket. Not only that, it was a pen and a flashlight sort of. I always had it with me.

Beth laid her back against the door, talking to someone. She had Judith on her lap. "Beth? Are you talking to Maggie?" I tilt my head.

"Yep, Do you want to?" she replied. I nodded my head, "I'll leave you two alone, then. Judith needs to be set down for a nap anyway," Beth smiled, getting up and walking off.