8. A new home.

008

008

It's been 8 months. 8 months on the road, 8 months since the farm incident. Ella was about 7 now maybe 7 and a half. The group went place to place, desperately looking for a safe place or any supplies that could help them specifically food. Lori's baby was just about ready to pop out. They found a house, it looked pretty empty. Rick busted the door open, shooting a walker and T-dog right behind with a crowbar. Carl was ready to start doing these kinds of stuff now, he even had his own gun so did Evelynn. Ella was still too young, according to everyone else atleast. Daryl walked in, carl running in right after with evelynn. Glenn and Maggie came in through the back door a bit later, Ella behind them. She didn't wanna leave their side.

Daryl came downstairs with an owl, dead. He was picking off the feathers. Ella looked up at him a bit weirdly, but anything they found to eat it was the best they could do. Glenn and maggie took walkers out of the house. The rest of the group started coming inside.

Everyone was sat down, Ella sitting on glenn's lap. It was pretty quiet. Carl started opening a can of dog food, it was the best they could do for now. Rick picked it up, throwing it, startling Daryl and everyone just stared. "Psst." said T-dog, gesturing at the window. Walkers were heading their way. Everyone grabbed their stuff and ran out the back door back into their care, walkers right behind them.

They pull over a little later, getting out the car. Glenn and Maggie rolled out a map. Carl was scouting this time.

"We got no place left to go." said T-dog

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off. We'll never make it south." maggie pointed out

"What would you say? That was about 150 head?" Daryl asked looking at glenn.

"That was last week. It could be twice that by now." he replied

"This river could have delayed them. If we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there." hershel insisted.

"Yeah, but if this group joins that one, they could spill out this way." T-dog implied.

"So we're blocked." said maggie

"Only thing to do is double back at 27 and swing towards Greenville." rick spoke

"Yeah, we picked through that already. It's like we spent the winter going in circles." T-dog mentioned.

"Yeah i know. I know. At Newnab we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet. We can't keep going house to house. Need to find someplace to hole up for a few weeks." Rick looked over at his wife Lori. She stayed in the car.