19. Welcome Woodbury.

019

019

"Caleb?" Ella uttered, running up to him. "Hey." he smiled as she gave him a big hug. "I thought- I thought you died!" Ella stepped back, "Wait, are you real?"

Caleb chuckled a bit before replying, "Yes, I'm real."
"Okay." Ella smiled, glad to see her big brother again.

"Where's mom?" he asked. She stayed silent, he knew what it meant. Ella looked at his eyes, she could tell he wasn't unfazed but his face said the opposite. "Is he even upset about it?" Ella wondered, furrowing her brows. Caleb had always used his wavy hair to cover his eyes sometimes. Not covered to the point you can't see it, but wisps so it's hard to tell what his eyes were saying. Ella knew he was trying to hide how he really felt.

Caleb sat her down to explain everything. Back when he was "eaten alive" by walkers he managed to cover himself with a dead walker and stayed alive. He tried running after the car but he couldn't catch up. Then, he found Woodbury. He and Karen were almost shot by the governor but he ran out of bullets. That's when Rick, Michonne, and Daryl basically saved them.

"Caleb? Come here, they're checking us up because of yesterday." Karen said.

Caleb nuzzled his sister's hair before walking off. "Catch me up later," his voice trailed off.

Ella walked back over to Evelynn, "Ella? Who's that?" Ev asked.

"My brother."

"He's a hunk." she joked, smirking.

Ella chuckled. Carl was a bit near them eavesdropping on their conversation, he rolled his eyes.
"Someone's jealous," Ella smiled, looking over at Carl.

"Shut up Ella!" he quickly replied. The 3 kids continued to talk for a bit. The two girls spotted her eye on a blonde girl talking to a boy. They both looked her age.

"Hey, come on. Let's go," Evelynn walked toward the kids.

Ella furrowed her eyebrows, "You coming?" she asked Carl.

"No. I don't need to get to know anyone here. The governor will just come back and kill us all."

"Jesus. Way to be a downer." Ella shrugged and walked off.

"Your sister is a freak!" said the boy.

"Shut up, Aiden!" argued the shorter girl.

"Hey, don't be mean!" Evelynn blurted. Aiden rolled his eyes. He stayed silent since her group was the one to save them. He couldn't be mean to the people who got him out of the governors mean hands. He walked away.