20. Normal again.

020‧₊˚ ୨୧ ˚₊

020
‧₊˚ ୨୧ ˚

The girl unusually woke up pretty early, she usually slept in. Evelynn was the one to wake up earliest, she helped Carl and Rick out on the farm. Ella slipped on her knitted cat beanie and headed over outside. Michonne had been going on runs, trying to find the governor. Finish it once and for all. Michonne got Ella a little hat, even if it was hot she still wore it. It was wintertime, sort of. But it wasn't very cold or very hot. It was just alright.

"Mornin'." Caleb smiled, waving at his sister. Ella cleared her throat so it didn't come out scratchy. "Morning," she replied. Caleb helped out with food and rations plus security at the fence. Ella skipped along her way. "Beth, Good morning!" she smiled, waving at her and her boyfriend.

"Hey!" Beth waved back. Ella didn't mind her boyfriend, he wasn't that bad. She also said hi to other people like, Tyreese and Karen. By this time, everyone knew everyone. And everyone had a job to do. "Hi, Mr. Dixon." Ella waved.

"Hold up, kid. Since when'd you call me Mister? I ain't old." A line formed between Daryl's brow.

"It's a sign of respect, Mr. Dixon." Ella teased. She once heard Patrick call him that, she decided to copy him since a lot of the other kids called him that too.

"You and these fancy words Carol is teachin' ya," he grunted, twisting his mouth. Ella then set off over to Carl and Rick.

"Hi, Carl. Where's Evelynn?" she asked, leaning her body a bit and looking for her.

"Asleep. She stayed up all night because she wanted to prove me wrong," he said in some sort of tone that made Ella laugh.

"Sounds just like her. Could I help with the farm today?" Ella questioned.

"Yeah, sure," he said. Carl was taking a look at the plants and picking out the weeds. Rick dug out more land to plant.

"Ella, what're you doing? I thought you were helping out, not playing with the pigs," Carl furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the girl.

"They're cute," she answered, grinning. "And how come you don't wear your hat anymore?" she asked, switching the topic

"It's not for farming," Carl explained.

"Neither is mine," Ella pointed out, "I still wear it." She raised an eyebrow.

"Good point." Carl had stopped wearing his hat for farming, mostly he'd give it to Evelynn to wear. He wore it sometimes just not a lot. He had probably placed it beside Evelynn maybe even on top of her.