On the 2nd Day of Christmas .. Royai

HOPE YOU A JOLLY OLD READ

BE A STAR AND LEAVE A VOTE PLEASE

Prompt: Christmas Eve Ball.

The Christmas eve ball was held for all soldiers, rank didn't matter and uniform wasn't expected to be worn either. Friends or family members could be brought as a soldier's plus one and the chosen hall would always be overly large to fit as many guests as possible. A garden close by for those that couldn't get inside and would be brave enough to face winter's weather for a night of celebration. 

New friendships, one night mistakes that were never spoken over again and a night full of fun and joy would be given at the Christmas eve ball. Families meeting comrades they've only heard stories over and rivals finding a peaceful agreement for the night unless it was during a few party games held during the night. 

The hall would always be beautifully decorated, the best food and drinks were given out and for once, everyone was spoiled. The people's money should be used against better weapons, medical care or longer lasting uniforms. But for one single night .. no one even dared to complain over the waste of money when it would give them all a new fond and warm memory to cherish. 

Photos were taken for free and would be passed around to the owners once Christmas is passed. Sometimes those photos would the only thing some would have over their friends when their work turn dangerous once more. Those photos would seal a whole night into one little bit of paper and that tiny bit of paper would hold so many feelings without ever knowing it. 

For Roy, his eyes were only focused on one important detail of the night. 

The only thing that his eyes strayed from his future's dream. 

Riza. 

She was dressed beautifully.

Everyone had sent longing glances towards her whenever she's walked past or stood near them. Women and men all looking like they wanted to ask for a date but no soul being brave enough as her rumours as a soldier still gained her respect out of uniform. 

She was dressed in a slim, silky dress with a slit from mid thigh to all the way down her leg. The hints of a thigh holster clear to see and just making the dress belong to her more. A matching of colour dress shrug was worn, covering her back and the scar he had given her to help free her from her father's secrets. 

She looked stunning as always, but tonight she glowed more as she wasn't forced to carry the military burdens. 

She was standing as her own self and to him, that's when she was the most gorgeous. 

Being her Colonel, he had full right to march, casually, not wanting to ruin his suit, towards her. Hands un-gloved even if they both knew he held a pair of ignition cloth gloves tucked in a pocket, just in case he needs them. 

His smile was all natural, all real, just for her, just as her smile to him always have been. 

"Looking handsome, sir" Riza complimented as her eyes finally met his after giving him a look over.