On the 16th Day of Christmas .. TykixLavi

HOPE YOU A JOLLY OLD READ

BE A STAR AND LEAVE A VOTE PLEASE

Prompt: New Year's Kiss.

There eyes met across the room like some old romantic story told by parents to keep their children believing in true love. 

Sweat only just began to cling to their bodies as the rest of the room either danced, chattered in groups or snacked at the food. Just the amount of people in a single hall was raising the temperature. 

His eye never lost tract of him, watching the other sway and slide around bodies. Side stepping when needed and almost stalking towards him in a hypnotic dance.

He didn't notice that his breath was held, the music and chatter from fellow order members fell into a faint background sound.

At first it seemed like a dream.

A trick of the light. 

No enemy of the order would dare to enter their base so easily, so without care of the risks to his life. 

A member of the Noah family had invited himself to their new years party, all of them unable to truly celebrate Christmas or the holidays due to missions popping up at random. It left only room for a new years party every year for those able to attend.

Soon enough he was face to face with the Noah he shouldn't have but was in love with. The Noah who had foolishly 

"You shouldn't be here" Lavi hissed under his breath, staring at the man he both loved and hated right now. Seeing him dressed as a civilian and overly well acting as if he belonged with the order and not with the Noah family. 

"I missed you" Tyki confesses gently, a fond smirk on his lips as he reaches out and twists one of his lover's strands of hair. 

"We'd have to fight if anyone else takes notice of you" Lavi warned, seeming angry but the concern in his eye shows his true feelings. He didn't want to fight, not tonight, not now, not ever. But Tyki would force them to fight as enemies if one person took notice over him. 

"They're look distracted by the celebration" Tyki commented as he glanced around to those around them, no one even giving any of them a second glance.

"I don't want to fight you. But I will if I must" Lavi threatened, making it clear that he won't allow his feelings to hold him back from his duty. They both know he couldn't. Just as Tyki couldn't either. 

"I'm just here for a dance. Am I loved enough to still have a dance?" Tyki calmly replies, offering a hand towards his lover and staring at him as if he was the only person worth loving in this world. 

"One. Just one. It's not safe for you to be here" Lavi sighed, acting defeated as he took hold of the other man's hand, dragging him towards the dance floor. 

"I'll take that one. Just hold me close" Tyki pleaded as he let himself be pulled along, trusting no one else but the man before him with his heart, his life and his future. 

Lavi wasn't able to stay mad long over his partner putting himself in danger like that. Knowing that he had to cherish the time they still had. Both knew their relationship wouldn't last, not forever. They were enemies, no matter their personal believes over this war. They'll be forced to fight one day and they respected the other to not hold back when that day comes. 

Instead he snaked an around around the other's waist, holding him close and keeping his arm protectively wrapped around him. His free hand on his shoulder while he felt the other man's fall to his back, clinching to his shirt. Gripping as tightly as he could, afraid that if he let go than he'll lose the one he loves forever, scared he'd disappear and be nothing more than a dream. 

The song turned slow, leaving all those with love ones or close friend's willing to slow dance huddle up close. Quiet words shared between one another and no one dared to look away from the one they chose to dance with up close and personal. 

It was a sweet moment, a fear of a last dance between them as they knew the war could end them all. They've lost love ones, lost friends and lost comrades already. 

"Rabbit.." Tyki whispered into the other man's ear, clinging to him as if he'd lose him as soon as he lets go. 

"Don't say it" Lavi begs, voice desperate as he knew what the other man was about to say. The three words that would hurt more than any broken promise given. 

"Might be our only chance to say it" Tyki argued back quietly, letting them sway and spin on the spot, hidden in their own safety bubble. 

"More the reason to not say it" Lavi mumbled with a pout, his grip on his partner's shoulder tightening.

"Let me say it.. one final time" Tyki asked, pleading as he looked into his lover's eye with desperation and sorrow. Not wanting to regret not saying it. 

"I didn't want our last to be sad. I wanted our last to never be known as our last" Lavi admits with a sad smile, wanting their final moments to be happy memories. 

Tyki met the eyes of his lover and gave a small, understanding nod. He wasn't going to leave a sad memory as their final moments. He knew his lover might feel selfish for his demands but Tyki understood it. He'd rather cry over the fond memories they had shared, unknowing it was a final time than spend their final moment in tears as they knew it'd be their last. 

Thankfully they were both saved from saying anymore words as the crowd all around them started to count down from ten. 

It was almost new years and everyone was growing excited and joyful. Couples grabbing one another, prepared to share the first kiss of the year. Friend's shouting and smiling, all prepared for a group hug and a kiss to the cheek or forehead. 

It may have just been another year passing, another year they had survived the never ending war and was able to see one more night pass. To spend one more day with those around them that had survived another year too. 

Both for two, they stared into one another's eyes and pictured a future where they got to spend another new years together. To celebrate one more year togehter. 

Leaning forward and joining for a sweet and romantic kiss as the fireflies started to blow up in the night sky outside. 

All the candles in the hall blown out and leaving the room to be lighten up by the bright and blinding colours from the fireworks viewed from the windows and balcony. 

The kiss was as magically as the sparks of their love, leaving their hearts pumping quicker and neither dared to even allow the thought over this being their last kiss to enter their minds. 

Right now, they were simply sharing a new years kiss.