On the 13th Day of Christmas .. KagaKuro

HOPE YOU A JOLLY OLD READ

BECOME SANTA AND DROP A GIFTED VOTE FOR ME PLEASE

Prompt: Carolling 

Side Note: I suck at carolling writing. I think carolling is cool but It's not my thing and I suck at writing it. I don't even know why I'm using this prompt. But I am and this one might be short or sucks big time. So, apologies for that. 

The team needed funds. 

Carolling around Christmas would be a "fun" way to raise money for their team. 

Kagami didn't like it. Not one bit. He knew he could sing, his mother always praised his voice when he was young. But he didn't enjoy it. 

He also knew that carolling came with it's own set of rules and expectation. As well as singing for someone willing to listen and not gain a single yen afterwards. 

Carolling meant standing outside in the cold for hours on end and only gain lose change that maybe would be enough to buy some snacks for the team during an out game. 

Christmas spirit could get people to donate a little bit more but it was very unlikely. The coach truly through that the team would be able to at least gain a few hundred yen's doing carolling after practice every night. 

Kagami actual felt bad for the Captain that had to deal with her defeat after seeing the lose change everyone had came home with on the first night. But the coach didn't give up and demand them all to try harder and hit the more richer parts of their areas near home. 

That left Kagami to do all the singing since he soon learnt that Kuroko wasn't a very good singer. Leaving him to stand with their bucket, dressed in an elf hat and collecting any moment donated to them. 

It was some good teamwork but Kagami felt embarrassed every time he had to sing alone and be watched by his crush and a complete strangers. 

More so when he had to keep singing the same three songs over and over again and rarely getting to finish a song before a door is closed in their face. 

But the torture was worth it in the end, it grew close to Christmas day and the final day of school was here. The last lot of Carolling had been done and the coach was left with the Captain to count all their funds of the month. 

It wasn't much, nothing to be overly proud over but it was something. It proved the team had worked togehter and worked to help make their team better. It proved they had all lost half their dignity and chose to stick with one another until the bitter end. 

Kagami was never going to sing again. 

Or so he thought. 

"You have a nice voice. Much more soothing than when you're yelling" Kuroko commented as he sat in the burger place, one drinking their milkshake while the other was shoving a tray full of food down their throats. 

"Heh? You picking a fight?" Kagami grumbled back, lifting an eyebrow towards the shorter teen. 

"No. You just have a nice voice. I liked hearing it" Kuroko mumbled back with rosy cheeks, purposely staring out of the window to not look at the other teen. 

"Oh.. um thanks" Kagami replied awkwardly, feeling bashful over his crush complimenting him. 

"I hope we do carolling again next year" Kuroko admitted shyly before sipping on his milkshake again. 

And Kagami knew that he'd be signing up to carolling every year as long as he got to be Kuroko's partner while doing so. 

As well as coming up with a plan to finally confess. 

Everyone loves to be serenade after all, more so when they've already admitted to liking your voice.