On the 10th Day of Christmas .. MakoRin

HOPE YOU A JOLLY OLD READ

BE A STAR AND LEAVE A VOTE PLEASE

Prompt: Last minute Christmas wrapping. 

Makoto only looked up after hearing the tenth depressing sigh that escaped his five years going boyfriend. Makoto gave up on his late Christmas wrapping once he had finished the current one he was doing. Sliding the wrapped present to the side with the other already done ones and looked towards said boyfriend who kept sighing. 

Rin was so done with wrapping presents and was actually slapping himself in the face with the wrapping paper roll in his hands. Long since given up on helping to wrap the pile of presents that Makoto needed to wrap before tomorrow. 

"You don't have to help. Go for a jog. I'll be fine here and it gives me sometime to do during your jog" Tachibana offered up with a sweet smile as he knew the other wasn't enjoying the wrapping. He wasn't a huge fan over it either but he'd feel bad if he handed out Christmas presents that weren't wrapped. 

"I want to help. I just forgot how much I hate wrapping presents compared to unwrapping them" Matsuoka sighed, running a hand through his long hair and regretting not putting it up in a ponytail earlier. 

"Want to take a break?" Tachibana asked with a small smile, already pushing himself to stand as he could use something to drink. He didn't let either of them bring any form of liquid near the space they'd be wrapping. Knowing he was clumsily to know a glass over and spill it on the wrapping paper or presents. 

"Need one" Matsuoka confessed with a groan, throwing his head back and doing grabby hands towards his boyfriend. 

Makoto chuckling good naturally and grabbed his boyfriend's hands before pulling up to his feet and leading him out towards the rest of their living room. Their one bedroom apartment was tiny but it was theirs, the pair finally standing in a decent financial state to finally move in together.  

The kitchen was a shoebox that barely fit one person inside and you couldn't open half the cupboards and the fridge at the same time since they opened up in each other. One upper cupboard had to be lifted open for the microwave door to open. 

And the bathroom was even smaller than the kitchen. Their bedroom fitted a king-size bed but their dresser and wardrobe was mostly acting as their bedside tables due to there being no other space for any other furniture beside a bed that wasn't a single bed. 

But the tiny apartment was their home, the leash had their names and the pair of them fairly paid the rent and bills togehter. It was their first home, a sign that their relationship had been growing strong and would last. 

"Hot or cold?" Tachibana asked as he released his boyfriend's hands and slipped into their kitchen. 

"Hot" Matsuoka answered for his drink choice, slumping down on an armchair that didn't match their two seat couch or the uneven small dinning table that barely handled sitting two. 

Makoto merely hummed back to show he heard and moved to flick the kettle on. Grabbing his boyfriend's mug for his herbal tea and set it down. Grabbing the Vanilla Caramel tea box before slipping in the triangle shape teabag. 

Placing the tea box back away and moving to grab a spoon, dropping it in the mug. Glancing to the cupboard he needed next and grabbed a glass before placing down. Getting the already made squash jug out of the fridge and filling his glass. 

Pouring the hot water once the kettle had boiled. Twirling the spoon inside the mug and squeezing the teabag until it was mostly flat. His boyfriend never liked the teabag left inside while he drank and preferred it to be squeeze as best as possible. 

Grabbing both cups before heading back out to the living space, setting their drinks on the table. Glancing towards the presents still needing to be wrapped before tomorrow morning since he'd be going around and dropping half of them off. 

He knew it was a terrible idea to leave wrapping them until the last minute but he kept getting distracted whenever he made time to wrap. He'd also end up working overtime at work, getting a bigger pay check for the seasonal month that's always expensive. Or he'd be seeing friends or helping with his twin siblings so his parents could deal with their own Christmas wrapping without the twins knowing. 

But first thing first, he was thirsty and needed to sit down and drink his drink. As well as tap his foot to the song of whatever Christmas song was playing on their radio from the Christmas songs disc they placed in. 

"Why did you leave wrapping for last minute?" Matsuoka asked as he glanced towards the space that was currently a mess of wrapped presents, unwrapped presents, wrapping paper rolls, scissors scattered around in reach and tape. 

"I didn't. I wrapped all your presents already. Did it when I knew you won't be home. And I did Haru's" Tachibana whined back as he leaned his head on the back of the couch and looking to the love of his life. 

"Did you do mind before or after Haru's?" Matsuoka asked, sitting up and looking rather serious over the question. 

"Must you make everything a competition between you both?" Tachibana complained as he rolled his eyes and reached forward for his glass, wondering when his boyfriend and best friend will get over their none stop competition. 

"Yes" Matsuoka answered with a straight face, watching his boyfriend sip at his drink. 

"I wrapped your presents first. Wrapped Haru's a couple of days later. Has to wrap his early otherwise if he spots his present early, he'd just take it. He'll either use it or eat it early. He's not bothered by wrapping paper" Tachibana sighed as he took his boyfriend's hand with his free on, giving it a small squeeze and showing that he'd won whatever competition the pair might be having now. 

"Sounds like him" Matsuoka chuckled back, giving their hands a light squeeze back. 

"I was meant to do little by little as they arrive. But I got busy. Now I'm left with that pile over there. At least we've seem to pass the half way point" Tachibana admitted with a sheepish grin, placing his half drunk glass back on the coffee table as he knew he couldn't risk getting too comfortable otherwise he'd never finish wrapping the presents. 

"We'll have them done within the hour. Than we'll sort them in different piles. Friends. Co-workers. Students. My family and your family. Tomorrow you'll hand out half of those. Christmas eve we'll go to your family's. Christmas day will be spent here togehter. Boxing day will be spent with my family. All the presents will be given out" Matsuoka reassured as he looked to his boyfriend, knowing he was a worrier and not wanting him to grow stress over this.  

Once finishing their drinks they returned to wrapping and let the music play in the background. Neither really focusing on any of the songs being played, knowing they'd swapped to the third disc that day. 

Humming or nodding their heads to the song when they tune in to the songs and liked it. Keeping busy and wrapping the last lot of presents, both silently coming to the agreement to never get stuck with last minute Christmas wrapping again.