On the 19th Day of Christmas .. KonDick

HOPE YOU A JOLLY OLD READ

BECOME SANTA AND DROP A GIFTED VOTE FOR ME PLEASE

(Sorry, found no KonDick Christmas themed fanart out there. Also, couldn't stop myself from using this song)

Prompt: Hot Chocolate. 

Nightwing loves Gotham, it wasn't his first home or his second but it became a home to him after so long living there. He might never understand the city in depth as his father or siblings might, but the city would never truly understand him either. 

He still loves her, saw her cold beauty and the sweetness between her cruelty. Admired the city that was known to kiss her lovers while shoving a fork between their ribs, making them feel great pain as they suffer through the pleasure. 

But he did with her rowdy children were better behaved on certain days of the year. That she had learnt to scold them in a healthy manner than letting them turn enraged and crazed. He wished that the lady of ice and heart had learnt from her past mistakes and treated all her children better. To give the children a reason to keep her thriving than just leaving and allowing her to grow forgotten until no more life was left within her. 

He knew she'd never learn, the city was known for her rough handling of life within her. 

Didn't mean he loved dealing with Joker at Christmas instead of being at the manor with love ones. To watch as his siblings brag and complain over the randomly decorated tree, all sections different as everyone knew to keep to their own area as they decorated. 

The ceiling decorations either too low or too high as teams of different heights were put together and did their best or just didn't care at all. For the little decorations placed around to be moved behind each other's backs and bets made to see how long it took for someone to notice or turn mad as they assumed one of the decorations were stalking them like Annabeth. 

The fire in the mainly used longue lit and crackling to life as it shares it's natural warmth to those who grew comfortable and relaxed close to it. An old radio playing repeated Christmas songs from whatever disc was placed in. 

Warm food filling their stomachs and all tasting the love and affection mixed in with each meal by Alfred hands as he cares for all their healthy once more. Wrapping paper thrown and scattered around, the promise to clean up before bed as they spoil in their goodies and pass on their own affection and meaningful worth every held to one another. 

Heck, Dick even grown use to the yelling and the fights. Having to chase his siblings from murdering or overly pranking each other. Keeping the cave locked from Bruce and tackling Jason every time he dared to leave whenever no one was looking. 

He'd take the insults mixed in with Christmas jokes from the crackers pulled too early. He'll risk his Christmas dinner being poisoned or an old embarrassing story being thrown over dessert. Overlooking the younger bats and birds that might steal a sip or two of alcohol from the glasses of those able to drink legally. 

Dick just wanted to be home. 

And instead, home came to him in the form of his loving and silently caring fiancé. Two hero merchandize wake up mugs in hand and filled with Alfred's homemade hot chocolate. 

Dick gleefully accepted the peace offer on disturbing him during patrol and wrapped his gloves fingers around it. Shuffling into his fiancé's side and feeling an arm snake around his waist, holding him close. 

They were both lucky it wasn't a snow filled winter like some cities might be facing. 

Leaving them the chance to snuggle up close, one stealing the half alien's inhuman body heat, and taking in the view of Gotham on Christmas evening. 

It was a breath taking sight. 

"Merry Christmas, Kon" Dick whispers to his fiancé, voice soft and low enough to only be heard by those with super-hearing. 

"Happy Christmas, Rob" Kon quietly replies gently, pressing a kiss to his fiancé's hair and squeezing his arm in a comforting gesture. 

"Do I get to unwrap you as my gift?" Dick asked with a cheeky grin, lifting his head to stare up at his fiancé and suggestively wiggling his eyebrows towards him. 

"Not when you share coms with your whole family" Kon huffed back amused, rolling his eyes over the other.

"Like half of your family wouldn't hear me even without the use of a com" Dick shot back with a knowing look as he wiggled to sit up better, wanting to sip his hot chocolate. 

"We come from families filled with spies that don't understand personal boundaries" Kon sighs with a grimace, knowing both of their families liked to snoop into their private lives.  

"Indeed we do" Dick chuckled back, giving a small nod of agreement

The two fell back into a content silence, admiring Gotham's beauty among her ugly. Watching as the people survived through another rogue spoiled Christmas and still gain a happiness and joy throughout the day. 

Sipping at their hot chocolates and knowing that one day, they'd be enjoying such a view from their own home. Wearing matching rings and sharing a joint last name. An apartment signed under both their names and they'd create a future together. 

For now, they'll drink their hot chocolates and blissfully enjoy the moment they get to share tucked out of sight on the random rooftop instead.